British Speedway Forum
rearingtogo

Phil Morris CEO of British Speedway.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StevePark said:

One problem of that is, how many mechanics have riders got these days?  

Don't get me wrong, I see what you're getting at, I just think that there are more pressing problems with the sport, before how people are dressed in the pits.

It's a quick win though, hardly needs anything to be done and will provide an immediate visual benefit... just get a load of branded clobber made up and hand it out at TV meetings, return it at the end and introduce an essential workers list to the pit entry... simples 

Edited by iainb

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Don't get me wrong, I see what you're getting at, I just think that there are more pressing problems with the sport, before how people are dressed in the pits.

there are, but this one's an easy fix - the rest not so

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

At least those helping should surely be wearing jeans that fit them...?

Far too much arse crack on display for my liking...:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ch958 said:

there are, but this one's an easy fix - the rest not so

I must confess, I don't see too many major issues facing the sport...

Developers shutting tracks, granted, isn't great, but clubs cannont control that so no point worrying..

The actual on track product is very solid indeed from a "entertaning night out" perspective, and covid did the sport a favour as its admission fee, which was too high, is now on par with other sports which also have some of the worlds best in action, as other sports have put prices up..

Don't get me wrong, you still can't take it too seriously given the operating model, but for around twenty quid, the racing delivers more often than not, which represents decent value for money..

I think the size of the sport now is just where it needs to be currently, as even one more team in either league would be difficult to fill with riders.. 

Phil Morris will know he needs to work as much off the track as on, given that being taken seriously by the more mainstream media will make a huge difference...

The future of the sport is never going to be "Poland like", however, given the raw product to deal with, someone with some vision, and who can persuade others to come on board, can do a lot of good for relatively little outlay...

UK Speedway is truly a huge opportunity for growth given its ultra low starting  point, and Phil seems clued up enough, and politically savvy enough, to make the most of these opportunities...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Far too much arse crack on display for my liking...:D

Don't lie! That's the main reason you're watching!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, iainb said:

All those that are in the pits could/should be wearing branded clothing with the league sponsors blazoned all over them that Phil could bring with him and hand out at the start of the meeting, if clubs don't want to provide their own. These are the little things that he was looking into and addressing last year when he first took over, so he may very well have it all in hand. 

Well it doesn't take a year to sort it so lets assume it isn't happening, as it hasn't !

2 hours ago, chunky said:

Don't lie! That's the main reason you're watching!

No, its for the ill fitting Led Zep T shirts.....:D