British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v GLASGOW (BSN) April 15th - 7pm

Just now, Gazc said:

Speakers on the back straight kept cutting out all night.

Lets just say it was a blessing when Dick was waffling.

same on the 3rd bend 

5 hours ago, screm said:

The £20 admission across the board and all age groups is a scandal, I`ve said for along time that at Championship level £1 per race is more than adequate so the likes of me should be paying £15 with OAP`s etc paying £10. To ask anymore to pay more is just clouded business thinking and those promotions who do charge £20 across the board without concession seemed to be thinking lets screw what little customers we have left for as much as we can, lets face it most Championship crowds season on season are dwindling and moves like this will see one or two clubs at this level struggle, sadly I believe Berwick will be one. It is to be hoped there will be a reconsideration of this, time will tell.

Many supporters I spoke to last night before during and after the meeting seemed to be of the same thinking, this season many will pick and choose the meetings and if last night was anything to go by if Berwick start losing at home they wont bother at all so to that end its played one lost one. I personally didn't renew my season ticket for the first time in the last five seasons, it seems many followed suit. The good news for Berwick is that they wont have to face a team as good as Glasgow every week, but a home defeat to Edinburgh and then Redcar will have some voting with their feet and what is sure is that nothing empties a stadium quicker than a few home defeats.

As for the meeting, very impressed by Glasgow, after many years of trying and much money being thrown at it, I think this Glasgow has what it takes to become Championship Champions. As for Berwick a lack of heat winners and heat advantages at home just wont do and one look at the scoring charts will tell you where the weak links are, that will need addressing, either the riders need to change or the club will need to change the riders.

Just a thought but generally the spectator numbers needs to cover the wages for the continuation of the sport at your stadium . If you want to deny the promotion the break even figure to save yourself a fiver to keep you happy it will possibly lead to this being the last season . If you cannot afford it stay home . It will cost you more than a fiver to drive to Edinburgh Glasgow or redcar to get your speedway fix if your club cannot survive . . Try telling the supermarket you want fillet steak but only want to pay  for brisket .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Normski said:

same on the 3rd bend 

Those are the best type off speakers.

The type that don’t work when Dick is on the mic.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Normski said:

same on the 3rd bend 

And the first bend thankfully 

11 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

Just a thought but generally the spectator numbers needs to cover the wages for the continuation of the sport at your stadium . If you want to deny the promotion the break even figure to save yourself a fiver to keep you happy it will possibly lead to this being the last season . If you cannot afford it stay home . It will cost you more than a fiver to drive to Edinburgh Glasgow or redcar to get your speedway fix if your club cannot survive . . Try telling the supermarket you want fillet steak but only want to pay  for brisket .

Exactly I think some forget bills need covering they may not have a great team this season but in general are a well run club.

Edited by mc131

7 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

It is just a thought.I’m sure they will take your advice if they think it is too expensive for them.

9 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

You've got to work out how many concessions will pay the £7 increase or those that can't,get they need to cover costs but over 50% increase is steep and asfor staying at home there were loads that did just that,and if you expect fillet steak and only get brisket you're no going to be happy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Those are the best type off speakers.

The type that don’t work when Dick is on the mic.

Maybe that was the spec.they ordered at Berwick with these new ones they had last night.

23 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Maybe that was the spec.they ordered at Berwick with these new ones they had last night.

I don’t know but they definitely work for me with them not working whilst Dick is gibbering.

• Like 1

one match in  time to sort team out  and track out before we loose the lot

Edited by col69

2 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

We’re paying for fillet, the oap’s want to pay for brisket, and last night, I was served pedigree chum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

Personally I think this is a bit of a stupid statement, If the promotion can only break even by lumping £5 on the admission prices then maybe they should cut there cloth accordingly too and maybe only run NDL if they can't afford it. In times when some people have to decide between heating there home or eating meals and your going on like £5 is nothing that £5 could be vitally important to some people and if the choice was to keep a roof over my head or lose speedway then I think I know what 99% of people would choose. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

We’re paying for fillet, the oap’s want to pay for brisket, and last night, I was served pedigree chum.

Could be worse as you might of been served Chappie lol

• Like 1