British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
noaksey

Stars v Wolves 13/4

Just now, therefused said:

they are/were both perfectly legal, doesn't mean either of them are correct

Bringing an injured rider back into the declared 1 - 7 seems perfectly legal to me, the timing of course is a different issue.

Sadly the Lambert situation has opened a can of worms to allow ringers being brought in just for the play offs to win the title. 

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

Bringing an injured rider back into the declared 1 - 7 seems perfectly legal to me, the timing of course is a different issue.

Sadly the Lambert situation has opened a can of worms to allow ringers being brought in just for the play offs to win the title. 

"Seems perfectly legal"

Let's face it, both of these situations are the sort of thing that Morris should be sorting out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

But every team brings ringers in all season to make it to the play offs (eg Bomber last night instead of Scott,)..

I mean Becker not Scott (cough cough)...

So why should the play offs be any different...

Just use the tried and trusted ringer operating model all through the season.

• Like 1

KL to win this one.

KL should be a different kettle of fish at Home with improved performances from MPT, Pickering and TJ.

4 minutes ago, mikebv said:

But every team brings ringers in all season to make it to the play offs (eg Bomber last night instead of Scott,)..

I mean Becker not Scott (cough cough)...

So why should the play offs be any different...

Just use the tried and trusted ringer operating model all through the season.

Used to happen every season however since riders don’t want to ride over here like they used to and the lack of available decent riders the ringer system seems to now be saved for just the play offs. 

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Used to happen every season however since riders don’t want to ride over here like they used to and the lack of available decent riders the ringer system seems to now be saved for just the play offs. 

The rules today still allow a team to bring in a higher averaged rider to replace their "lesser rider" that is missing.. 

And if that rider is also a track expert at their place then "happy days"...;)

Not worth getting too bothered about the rules given so much that takes place is contrived and cobbled together, often "in the interest of UK Speedway" if all else fails...

Lambert's inclusion brought back a World Class rider who was worth watching whoever he rode for so the sport benefitted by many hundreds more turning up to watch him....

6 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The rules today still allow a team to bring in a higher averaged rider to replace their "lesser rider" that is missing.. 

And if that rider is also a track expert at their place then "happy days"...;)

Not worth getting too bothered about the rules given so much that takes place is contrived and cobbled together, often "in the interest of UK Speedway" if all else fails...

Lambert's inclusion brought back a World Class rider who was worth watching whoever he rode for so the sport benefitted by many hundreds more turning up to watch him....

It was great having Lambert back in the UK top flight, just not for 3 title deciders!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, magnificentseven said:

Wolves website says they have reverted to original declaration to ensure cover for Luke for foreseeable future so sounds like Nicholls won't be available for a while.

Nicholls can guest as versus Lynn in the home match...when he's fit 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TTT said:

KL to win this one.

KL should be a different kettle of fish at Home with improved performances from MPT, Pickering and TJ.

what about KK.

1 minute ago, TINYS said:

what about KK.

If Alex Brady is smart then you'll use R/R for him.

4 hours ago, noaksey said:

I'm turning out for this.

Wolves struggling for a guest with only Sheffield not riding so Ellis, Bellego, Howarth or Kerr...

Unless Nicholls is fit of course..

Narrow away win

That doesn't sound like "struggling for a guest" all of those riders seem decent choices, even the lowest averaged (Kerr) on his former home track!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

That doesn't sound like "struggling for a guest" all of those riders seem decent choices, even the lowest averaged (Kerr) on his former home track!

My point being the choice is limited to one club, Ellis isn't in form, Bellego, Howarth and Kerr are several points below Becker so it's not idea 

14 minutes ago, noaksey said:

My point being the choice is limited to one club, Ellis isn't in form, Bellego, Howarth and Kerr are several points below Becker so it's not idea 

So was Scott last week.

13 minutes ago, noaksey said:

They would fill Becker's boots quite easily around Lynn.Becker isn't that great around Lynn,only one decent score he has in all his visits.Probably averages around 3.5pts - 4pts at Lynn.

2 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

So was Scott last week.

He's ok at Monmore though, this is trickier, Ellis is the best rider but doesn't seem to be pulling up trees, I'd seriously consider Kerr for this