British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Belle Vue 13th April

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

I’ve seen video and no where near as bad as that just some shouting and gesturing. They rode together 2 more times after that fine. I’d be more concerned about your own riders performances as Belle Vue riders can do that every time if they score like that. 

Keep polishing those rose tinted......

We fell short of what was expected and required. No one is attempting to deflect from that fact 

• Like 2

We were always going to be a slow burner this year, it’s been said many times pre-season it’ll be a team that gets stronger as the season progresses. It’s also a team that is built in a way that R/R for a rider like Riss is going to leave us vulnerable. Hume having to take 6 rides obviously isn’t ideal especially when Rew in the main body is also still finding his feet. Not excuses, just reasons not to be concerned at this stage. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

We were always going to be a slow burner this year, it’s been said many times pre-season it’ll be a team that gets stronger as the season progresses. It’s also a team that is built in a way that R/R for a rider like Riss is going to leave us vulnerable. Hume having to take 6 rides obviously isn’t ideal especially when Rew in the main body is also still finding his feet. Not excuses, just reasons not to be concerned at this stage. 

I hope. for your sake, that Jason, Emil and Danny aren't slow burners or your in for serious grief ;) 

It's built to be a slow burner,,,, doesn't mean it will eventually catch fire.   It will get a bit better when Riss is back,,, although I don't rate him much myself,, but he's a 6 pointer for a reason. 

1 minute ago, False dawn said:

I hope. for your sake, that Jason, Emil and Danny aren't slow burners or your in for serious grief ;) 

It’s Rew who is the key rider here. The difference between challenging or not, he’s that important. He clearly has something about him but we’ll need to see more from him as the season progresses. We have one of if not THE weakest reserve pairings in the league, we can’t afford a bottom two to become a bottom three if we have aspirations of lifting the pot at the end of the season. Im confident he’ll prove to be a useful rider in the top 5 but it may take a bit of time. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

It's built to be a slow burner,,,, doesn't mean it will eventually catch fire.   It will get a bit better when Riss is back,,, although I don't rate him much myself,, but he's a 6 pointer for a reason. 

Patience is wearing thin in certain quarters I know that much (recent seasons, not recent weeks)and Louis to me sounded under pressure in a few of his pre-season interviews. If it isn’t going well he’ll change it around, of that there’s no doubt. Ipswich have been backed very well by several loyal sponsors, and they’re craving success as much as the fans are. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

I’ve seen video and no where near as bad as that just some shouting and gesturing. They rode together 2 more times after that fine. I’d be more concerned about your own riders performances as Belle Vue riders can do that every time if they score like that. 

People are allowed to have an opinion about your team you know, don't take it so personally. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

That's not true. Wright was riding all sorts of lines in heat 10 with Brennan behind him and was doing it deliberately. It almost caused Brennan to lose 3rd to Hume as he had to go wide at one point to avoid Wright on bends 1/2.

It was pretty poor and unnecessary behaviour as there was nothing that Brennan did wrong in heat 3.

Wright wouldn't have reacted that way towards a seasoned or harder character either as he would have received something back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Chris said:

That's not true. Wright was riding all sorts of lines in heat 10 with Brennan behind him and was doing it deliberately. It almost caused Brennan to lose 3rd to Hume as he had to go wide at one point to avoid Wright on bends 1/2.

It was pretty poor and unnecessary behaviour as there was nothing that Brennan did wrong in heat 3.

Wright wouldn't have reacted that way towards a seasoned or harder character either as he would have received something back.

If true, that's really bad!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

It’s Rew who is the key rider here. The difference between challenging or not, he’s that important. He clearly has something about him but we’ll need to see more from him as the season progresses. We have one of if not THE weakest reserve pairings in the league, we can’t afford a bottom two to become a bottom three if we have aspirations of lifting the pot at the end of the season. Im confident he’ll prove to be a useful rider in the top 5 but it may take a bit of time. 

Rew can drop to 4.00, but I'm not sure if Hume will end up above 4.00?

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

He was last year - only the 25% reduction puts him lower at present

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Well you’d hope he would. He was over 4 last year so if there’s any improvement in him he’ll need to be pushing 5. 

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Rew could drop lower than 4!

Just now, GeneralMelchett said:

Rew could drop lower than 4!

He could physically score less but his average cannot drop below 4 in terms of team building and declaration purposes