Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Ippo KoC QF 2nd Leg 17/04/23

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Which rider are we talking about here? I don’t do facebook 

Jerran Hart

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iainb said:

There was a lovely first 2 turns by Bomber to out fox Emil when they met, didn't take too long for Emil to pick him off though...

... and is it Chris "The Bomber" Harris or Chris "Bomber" Harris? "The Bomber" just doesn't sound quite right to me :rolleyes:

He’s right, that’s unforgivable from Hume there. You can visibly see him shut off way before the finish line, you just don’t do that!

2 minutes ago, Aries said:

He’s right, that’s unforgivable from Hume there. You can visibly see him shut off way before the finish line, you just don’t do that!

Especially when it is Lawson behind you! But Hume was annoyed with himself so lesson learnt I think. 

24 minutes ago, Aries said:

I'll forgive him, I'm good like that :D

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Good comments, I think both Hume and Rew will be very good riders in time - they show real potential - can't comment on Thompson as I have only seen him ride once in last weeks home defeat so it would unfair to make judgement based on one meeting.

Rew did seem to duck out of a couple of first bend challenges last week but perfectly understandable in my view given how new he is in the UK etc. Hume can certainly throw out the odd brilliant ride - he also looks much better on the bike - early on last year he looked shaky and wobbly on the bends at Foxhall buts seems to have ironed that out now. If both can get consistent they will be real assets to the side.

I really  believe Hume has a place in the top league like you said he took loads of chances before crashes (ect) he has got better on a bike.Hopefully at Redcar he can up his game to ; Rew will be decent he will get better with laps and both the Thompson twins i like think they will get there eventually both when I’ve seen them there are not great gaters but they will be ok.Going back to Ippo this year King is the most important rider can he consistently back up Doyle/ Emil.

Edited by Sidney the robin

10 hours ago, Big Al said:

Early days maybe but is pressure increasing on Jake Allen who, although able to pull a surprise win later in the match, needs to be a "banker" for a win in heat 2 at home? Not being helped by Max Fricke taking time to get the hang of BP (he needs to have a chat with Emil S?) but Lions ideally need Sedgmen to be at 6.

Allen hasn't been helped by lack of action in Champ so far or in other meetings whereas Sedgmen has at least been riding a bit more. Hopefully over the next few weeks that situation will change and he can start getting wins in heat 2.

Sedgmen has been doing very well for Leicester imo, no need for him to be a reserve. 

Don't think Sedgmen has had more racing than Allen though, Birmingham haven't raced yet, Scunthorpe have raced once. Justin has guested once, so I think it's one Champ match each so far!

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Sedgmen has been doing very well for Leicester imo, no need for him to be a reserve. 

Don't think Sedgmen has had more racing than Allen though, Birmingham haven't raced yet, Scunthorpe have raced once. Justin has guested once, so I think it's one Champ match each so far!

Sedgmen has raced in a couple of preseason racing in uk and was very busy in Australian meetings in the offseason, plenty of track time, Allen has been unlucky with cancelled meets not forgetting press day,this week  is a busy week for the two of them  which can only be good

• Like 1