British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

21.04.23 - Scun v Brum BSN Series

2 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Can Edwards guest twice within 7 days?

You can at different tracks just not the same track. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think so far as guesting rules go, I think that a guest should be allowed for a Heat leader....R/R should be used for a second string and a 2.00 ave (max) for any reserve guest....

Just my opinion.

My point being, that a 'guest' shouldn't effectively make a side stronger than it would've been, had it had it's original 7 in place.

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

I thought you had to use r/r for a second string anyway? Seems a bit harsh if you have strong reserves though. How are they stronger if have the same average? 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

I thought you had to use r/r for a second string anyway? Seems a bit harsh if you have strong reserves though. How are they stronger if have the same average? 

Certain riders ride certain tracks better than others...hence changing Edwards for Kennedy (similar ave) will definitely make Scunthorpe stronger.

If Plymouth were riding at B'ham and Turner wasnt available, Edwards would make them far stronger.

Edwards average at B'ham last season was more like a 7 average...

Hopefully you get where I'm coming from :D

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Certain riders ride certain tracks better than others...hence changing Edwards for Kennedy (similar ave) will definitely make Scunthorpe stronger.

If Plymouth were riding at B'ham and Turner wasnt available, Edwards would make them far stronger.

Edwards average at B'ham last season was more like a 7 average...

Hopefully you get where I'm coming from :D

Okay, fair enough! Although this early in the season you don't know what form riders are on. 

I'm not that fussed who Scunthorpe use as a guest, I was just making a point about 'advantages' etc....

I'm looking forward to seeing Edwards ride, he's great around PB...it's a shame that we didn't sign him ! 

Last seasons league match Birmingham v Redcar in the league  , Jason Edwards had  3 rides and scored 0 pts and was tac subbed in his 4 th rider 

So how does this make Scunthorpe stronger  ??

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Last seasons league match Birmingham v Redcar in the league  , Jason Edwards had  3 rides and scored 0 pts and was tac subbed in his 4 th rider 

In the other 3 meetings at Perry Barr in 2022. For Birmingham v Poole on 27/07/2022 12 + 2 {7}, For Birmingham v Plymouth on 13/07/22 7 (4}. And for Edinburgh at Birmingham on 08/06/2022 10 + 2 (7). Had his stinker. for parent club.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I think so far as guesting rules go, I think that a guest should be allowed for a Heat leader....R/R should be used for a second string and a 2.00 ave (max) for any reserve guest....

Just my opinion.

My point being, that a 'guest' shouldn't effectively make a side stronger than it would've been, had it had it's original 7 in place.

I certainly think the guest rules should be changed to make it harder for clubs to strengthen up when missing a rider. A simple change would be to remove the 5% extra for a home rider and make it -5% for an away guest (as you can chose a track expert).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Please see Mike Baker's post ! :D

This will be a massacre bit like Poole Vs Plymouth on BSN tonight plenty of home 5-1s likely Morris vs the Scorpions