British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield 20th April

Not guaranteed though, just look at last season, 15pt max one night, 7 the next. 

Jason failed to win a race at Oxford this evening. Scott scored a paid maximum.

On 4/18/2023 at 5:53 PM, Arch Stanton said:

https://ipswichwitches.co/raceday-preview-sheffield-premiership-r1-h/

Riss returns, Nicholls guests for Musielak. Good choice for Foxhall! Makes the meeting even more interesting. 

Edit: Should say that Witches are HOPING Riss returns having just read the preview. Taking it day by day with him. 

Either you have mis-read the meeting preview or it has been amended subsequently but it shows RR for Riss.

On 4/18/2023 at 5:53 PM, Arch Stanton said:

https://ipswichwitches.co/raceday-preview-sheffield-premiership-r1-h/

Riss returns, Nicholls guests for Musielak. Good choice for Foxhall! Makes the meeting even more interesting. 

Edit: Should say that Witches are HOPING Riss returns having just read the preview. Taking it day by day with him. 

15 minutes ago, tocha said:

Either you have mis-read the meeting preview or it has been amended subsequently but it shows RR for Riss.

The preview has definitely been edited with the new situation regarding Riss 

Riss being unavailable certainly makes the task more difficult.

If the weather forecast is correct, the track could be a bit damp. This could impact on Holder the younger’s mindset, it has been known to before at Foxhall…..

Let's have some positivity,,,,, Ipswich won't have it all their own way,,, so taking that into account 74  16 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Ipswich fans very confident.. Holder started season very well this will be a test for him. Ellis and Bellego need good nights to keep it tight I expect Nicholls will be worth 7-8 points at least. 50-40 home win my prediction 

How's the weather down there, says a few showers this afternoon. Any chance this could be off, long drive for nothing

14 minutes ago, bruno said:

How's the weather down there, says a few showers this afternoon. Any chance this could be off, long drive for nothing

It’s currently fine, however as you say the forecast is for showers late afternoon/early evening. The track will be dry at the moment, so it will depend on the volume of any rain should it happen.

With this type of weather, it’s just a lottery. Last week, the forecast was for it to be dry and then it rained for most of the meeting.

3 minutes ago, JamesB said:

It’s currently fine, however as you say the forecast is for showers late afternoon/early evening. The track will be dry at the moment, so it will depend on the volume of any rain should it happen.

With this type of weather, it’s just a lottery. Last week, the forecast was for it to be dry and then it rained for most of the meeting.

Interestingly, BBC Weather says showers between 4pm and 7pm. Weatherbug has 40% chance of showers at 3pm, 10% at 4pm and then dry for the rest of the evening. Difficult to know which one to believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tocha said:

Definitely said Riss was hoping to ride, seems not in the end, which is a blow. 

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

The preview has definitely been edited with the new situation regarding Riss 

Correct. Original preview listed Riss as riding. 

23 minutes ago, bruno said:

Been dry for days and Met Office is still saying a 50% chance of a shower for Ipswich mid-late afternoon, with the heavier showers more to the south East. If you have a long drive it’s obviously up to you and I don’t want to tempt you in to travelling and then the forecast is wrong! But personally, the forecast wouldn’t be enough to put me off from travelling. 

R/R just doesn’t cut if for Riss as it’s already shown. Not with the way our team is built. I still thought we could just about get over the line against Belle Vue but it didn’t happen and I fear it may also be the case again this evening. If it was Lynn or Peterborough :P I’d still fancy it, but not so sure against Sheffield. We’ll see. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

Won’t be in town for this still sticking by my original prediction narrow home win! 

can’t even go to Owlerton tonight either!! 

My weather check suggests showers 4pmish for Ipswich with sun out by 7pm 

Edited by GeneralMelchett

Going to risk it , it's only 6.5 hour round trip. What could possibly go wrong lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1