British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Oxford Vs Redcar (league) 3rd May

1 minute ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

That guy is making himself look Berry silly isn’t he

How? Where? When?   Why do you think skulduggery is acceptable?  Don't you think supporters who spend hard earned money and become invested have a right to be a little bit peeved?     

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

That guy is making himself look Berry silly isn’t he

bit like the bandits on track get battered everywhere they go

8 hours ago, Berry9 said:

How? Where? When?   Why do you think skulduggery is acceptable?  Don't you think supporters who spend hard earned money and become invested have a right to be a little bit peeved?     

skulduggery? riders are guns for hire, it’s up to Jordan Jenkins where he wants to ride, not Oxford, not Redcar. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

skulduggery? riders are guns for hire, it’s up to Jordan Jenkins where he wants to ride, not Oxford, not Redcar. 

Fortythirtyeight, yourself and I am sure many others may think that the Status quo in speedway is fine yet I keep reading on this very forum how it is also a dying a sport.  There seems to be little faith in the BSPL, there seems to be little support for the guest system and at the same time so I keep reading attendances are dwindling.  I write on this forum about something that has really got under my skin and get lambasted for doing so so who am I?... I am one of those people who pays through the turnstiles to support my local  team, I have stood there watching them win the wooden spoon and watching them win the KOC.  All of sudden there's a sense of optimism around the place and  season by season we are building t feels as if the holy grail is just out of reach but achievable.  Then out of the blue towards the end of last season the whispers start spreading that Lewis Kerr and Jordan Jenkins are going to Oxford and that Jenkins despite being an asset was tapped up.  If you think that I am the only supporter outraged by this then you are surly mistaken, I must just be the only one to write about it.  To be told I owe the Oxford promotion an apology because "everyone does it" is ridiculous  because unless something is done to alter the Status quo more people will stop attending.  This Redcar Bears team with Jenkins in place of Bailey would be massively stronger and I am bitter at Oxford "cheaters"  for that 

4 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

Fortythirtyeight, yourself and I am sure many others may think that the Status quo in speedway is fine yet I keep reading on this very forum how it is also a dying a sport.  There seems to be little faith in the BSPL, there seems to be little support for the guest system and at the same time so I keep reading attendances are dwindling.  I write on this forum about something that has really got under my skin and get lambasted for doing so so who am I?... I am one of those people who pays through the turnstiles to support my local  team, I have stood there watching them win the wooden spoon and watching them win the KOC.  All of sudden there's a sense of optimism around the place and  season by season we are building t feels as if the holy grail is just out of reach but achievable.  Then out of the blue towards the end of last season the whispers start spreading that Lewis Kerr and Jordan Jenkins are going to Oxford and that Jenkins despite being an asset was tapped up.  If you think that I am the only supporter outraged by this then you are surly mistaken, I must just be the only one to write about it.  To be told I owe the Oxford promotion an apology because "everyone does it" is ridiculous  because unless something is done to alter the Status quo more people will stop attending.  This Redcar Bears team with Jenkins in place of Bailey would be massively stronger and I am bitter at Oxford "cheaters"  for that 

Didn’t you also leave halfway through a meeting when the team weren’t “putting effort” in for us to win 

16 minutes ago, Redtruck said:

Didn’t you also leave halfway through a meeting when the team weren’t “putting effort” in for us to win 

To be honest I did, but to be extremely honest I shouldn't have attended that meeting in the first place because I had other things going on in my life that needed my attention more I was in a foul mood and I regret it

Surely which team a rider chooses to ride for is down to him, you've got a bee in your bonnet about something and nothing.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

Funny how it got 'under your skin', yet you only mentioned it the day after Redcar got battered by Oxford :D. How do those sour grapes taste?

Edited by Bojangles
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Bojangles said:
52 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Funny how it got 'under your skin', yet you only mentioned it the day after Redcar got battered by Oxford :D. How do those sour grapes 

Do you really think Oxford acted honorably ?

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Surely which team a rider chooses to ride for is down to him, you've got a bee in your bonnet about something and nothing.

Isn't it meant to be like this:-

Oxford......"Can we have permission to speak with one of your assets regarding riding for us next season"

Redcar......"Yes/No"

5 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

Oxford......"Can we have permission to speak with one of your assets regarding riding for us next season"

Redcar......"Yes/No"

I must have missed the news where Oxford got fined/reprimanded for breaking the rules.

10 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

Redcar......"Yes/No"

How do you know they didn't ask ?

Maybe the rider wasn't in Redcar's plans for this year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I must have missed the news where Oxford got fined/reprimanded for breaking the rules.

Which is exactly the point that Berry9 raised in his first post. The fact nothing was done is the major bone of contention. This is not the first time this has been raised on the forum, so it’s not just a reaction to the result.

1 minute ago, Triple.H. said:

How do you know they didn't ask ?

Maybe the rider wasn't in Redcar's plans for this year.

I have no insider knowledge on anything but the Redcar promotion made it clear in the Q&A session before the season started that Jenkins would have been part of this years team at Redcar.

2 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Which is exactly the point that Berry9 raised in his first post. The fact nothing was done is the major bone of contention. This is not the first time this has been raised on the forum, so it’s not just a reaction to the result.

I have no insider knowledge on anything but the Redcar promotion made it clear in the Q&A session before the season started that Jenkins would have been part of this years team at Redcar.

Yes is it. Look through his previous comments....he literally hadn't mentioned it until the day after the result and then he called the Oxford promotion 'scumbags'.

And maybe nothing was done about it because it's not illegal.

Edited by Bojangles

17 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Yes is it. Look through his previous comments....he literally hadn't mentioned it until the day after the result and then he called the Oxford promotion 'scumbags'.

And maybe nothing was done about it because it's not illegal.

What difference does it make when I raised it ?