British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Oxford Vs Redcar (league) 3rd May

22 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Yes is it. Look through his previous comments....he literally hadn't mentioned it until the day after the result and then he called the Oxford promotion 'scumbags'.

And maybe nothing was done about it because it's not illegal.

First time it was mentioned on the match thread, the issue of Jenkins going to Oxford and the circumstances around it have been discussed on other Redcar threads.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

First time it was mentioned on the match thread, the issue of Jenkins going to Oxford and the circumstances around it have been discussed on other Redcar threads.

Yeah, but not by him. It's pure sour grapes now.

1 minute ago, Bojangles said:

Yeah, but not by him. It's pure sour grapes now.

Its also hypocritical when he hasnt taken issue with his own team doing it…. Pure sour grapes 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Its also hypocritical when he hasnt taken issue with his own team doing it…. Pure sour grapes 

What did redcar do?  Just asking? 

21 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Please enlighten me

26 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

I don't really care what you think about me but please enlighten me on Redcars indiscretion...or are you making one up?

TBH building a team is about putting a 7 piece jigsaw together, within the constraints of the averages so you could say Bartosz Zmarzlik was in your plans.

43 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

TBH building a team is about putting a 7 piece jigsaw together, within the constraints of the averages so you could say Bartosz Zmarzlik was in your plans.

They could have done, but they didn't mention him.

The comments about Jenkins being part of their plans came directly from the promotion at Redcar when the team was revealed.

17 hours ago, Berry9 said:

Poole informed Danny King that they wouldn't be retaining his services

Yep.

5 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Surely which team a rider chooses to ride for is down to him, you've got a bee in your bonnet about something and nothing.

If Jenkins was a Redcar asset you are still meant to ask for permission. 

4 hours ago, Berry9 said:

Isn't it meant to be like this:-

Oxford......"Can we have permission to speak with one of your assets regarding riding for us next season"

Redcar......"Yes/No"

Exactly.

3 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

How do you know they didn't ask ?

Maybe the rider wasn't in Redcar's plans for this year.

Watching the Redcar Bears talk on Facebook or sometimes YT. I think in the Gavin Parr interview he said they offered Jordan a new deal but Oxford offered him more. If Oxford asked for permission to talk to him then no problem with it. 

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

If you are still talking about Danny King, pretty sure that was all above board. If it wasn't Matt and Dan Ford would kick off about it as sure they reported another team for doing it in the past. - this would be 'elite league' days though! 

• Like 2

Speedway is a funny sport. Each rider will sign a contract for a season, that much I understand.

Now when the season ends & the new one is starting each team needs 7 riders. If a rider from season 1 is not one of the new seasons 7 he is left without a valid contract so is in fact a free agent & can choose a new team.

Jordan Jenkins confuses me even more as he rode for Redcar & Oxford last season so is he an asset of both clubs?

11 minutes ago, Technik said:

Speedway is a funny sport. Each rider will sign a contract for a season, that much I understand.

Now when the season ends & the new one is starting each team needs 7 riders. If a rider from season 1 is not one of the new seasons 7 he is left without a valid contract so is in fact a free agent & can choose a new team.

Jordan Jenkins confuses me even more as he rode for Redcar & Oxford last season so is he an asset of both clubs?

Nope, can only be an asset of one club and if he chooses to ride for a different club then they have to pay a loan fee. If I was Redcar I would be putting a little extra on top for the inconvenience ;):D

I am assuming he is a Redcar asset here, going by the conversation on this thread! 

Edited by lisa-colette

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Nope, can only be an asset of one club and if he chooses to ride for a different club then they have to pay a loan fee. If I was Redcar I would be putting a little extra on top for the inconvenience ;):D

I am assuming he is a Redcar asset here, going by the conversation on this thread! 

He definitely is

• Thanks 1

Jenkins and Jason Edwards were announced as club assets last season. Along with Archie Freeman, after Newcastles demise. It was also announced at the 2023 team reveal. That Edwards and Charles Wright had signed on for the 2024 season. 

On 5/4/2023 at 9:51 PM, Berry9 said:

Because everyone does it does not make it right,  in fact it's morally wrong.  Did the Redcar promotion report the incursion to the BSPL.?

Are you for real ? How do you think Redcar approach riders ? The same as everyone else you idiot !

On 5/4/2023 at 10:04 PM, phillipsr said:

Considering Redcar did the same with Danny King not sure they can beat the moral drum 

Your definitely wrong on this one.

• Like 1