British Speedway Forum
Jaizer

Glasgow Vs Oxford Championship 5th May

8 minutes ago, Silver Cheetah Snr said:

This meeting being called off is a disgrace showing a picture of a weather forcast for Friday 12th on the twitter anouncement.

The forecast on twitter is from today

it’s a bit like a few weeks ago v Berwick when showed light showers durning the day and  no rain forecast later on started the  meeting no rain ht 4 poured down then meeting called off when the rain never stopped damed if you do damed if you don’t 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mac101 said:

it’s a bit like a few weeks ago v Berwick when showed light showers durning the day and  no rain forecast later on started the  meeting no rain ht 4 poured down then meeting called off when the rain never stopped damed if you do damed if you don’t 

Sorry, but I was travelling from Oxford, but would rather take the risk. It can always happen. What's far more of a pain is rescheduling all the plans. Would have to think about ever travelling again to Glasgow after this - it's obvious why the meeting has been called off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Sorry, but I was travelling from Oxford, but would rather take the risk. It can always happen. What's far more of a pain is rescheduling all the plans. Would have to think about ever travelling again to Glasgow after this - it's obvious why the meeting has been called off.

All forecasts I've checked say rain at 7. Would you rather travel from Oxford to have it called off at 7.15? Then you'd be on lambasting no early call off decision. Think Plymouth 2021 at Glasgow.

Lawson and Starke didn't make us any weaker imo so you're second point I disagree with

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

so you would rather come all the way up here from oxford get here pay in it starts to pour down meeting gets called off go home then have  do it all again at  later date 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

All forecasts I've checked say rain at 7. Would you rather travel from Oxford to have it called off at 7.15? Then you'd be on lambasting no early call off decision. Think Plymouth 2021 at Glasgow.

Lawson and Starke didn't make us any weaker imo so you're second point I disagree with

There's only light rain all day and it's spot where the light shower will hit at 7pm. Have you actually looked at the forecast?

• Haha 1

Just now, lucifer sam said:

There's only light rain all day and it's spot where the light shower will hit at 7pm. Have you actually looked at the forecast?

BBC has rain all day, met office sporadic showers and my phone app has rain most of day too. Na just thought I'd make it up :rolleyes:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Not really a surprise, Basso and vissing away riding in Denmark, any slight chance of rain this would get called off.

• Haha 1

lol the match v Berwick had no  rain showing after 2 o’clock and ended a monsoon that night all night it’s Scotland we get 4 season in one day even in the middle of summer 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

The forecast on twitter is from today

Yes it is now. Was reposted at 08:52 so if you are not Glasgow Speedway then don't cover up for them.

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

BBC has rain all day, met office sporadic showers and my phone app has rain most of day too. Na just thought I'd make it up :rolleyes:

There's the photos for 4pm and 7pm - the one at 10pm is entirely clear.

Explain to me again how this is enough rain to call off a speedway meeting.

4pm.jpg

7pm.jpg

1 minute ago, Silver Cheetah Snr said:

Yes it is now. Was reposted at 08:52 so if you are not Glasgow Speedway then don't cover up for them.

What's covering for them? A mistake was made they've corrected it, the forecast still shows rain all day today 

1 minute ago, lucifer sam said:

There's the photos for 4pm and 7pm - the one at 10pm is entirely clear.

Explain to me again how this is enough rain to call off a speedway meeting.

4pm.jpg

7pm.jpg

We could argue all day. I'm not saying it's right decision, I'm frustrated it's off as looks a cracking meeting. Decisions been made, we'll find out later in the day what forecast was accurate. And to answer your other point any rain nowadays is enough given current equipment and rider attitudes!!