British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BackstaightBandit

Berwick v Scunthorpe 6/5/2023 6:30PM (League)

Just now, Bandit59 said:

Aye over 110  miles round trip plus programme couple of fish suppers near enough £100 can't afford that.

Totally agree.  The person who was proclaiming the free car park as part of "the great deal" thinks all fans live "down the road" and don't travel (bearing in mind one of the opposition is Kent, is rather ridiculous!!).  Nowt to do with me (obviously), but I think Berwick have rather over-pitched the price somewhat.  But no doubt will be buoyed by the thousands flocking to Shielfield tonight.  Good luck with that one.

Not that my story matters but this'll be the first meeting I've not attended by choice in well over a decade.

£32 bar. Jeezy peeps man.

I get the use it or lose it arguement some may use but cmon...

Edited by mucklechavvych
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Not for me and the wife I'm afraid at that price 2 or 3 others that we spoke to last week are giving it a miss also.

Understandable...

60/64 quid for less than forty mins of "entertainment" does appear excessive.. 

Especially given that some will possibly be not interested in 50% of what's on offer..

And, with all the best will in the world, curfews have had a habit over the years of preventing 30 races from taking place..

Experienced, and forward thinking promoters though, so hopefully their finger is on the pulse and it is a successful night.. 

1 hour ago, BanditsFan said:

Still be getting behind the lads tonight tho!

always lollollol  wel wel wel  make a lake

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

£32 if you make a late decision to attend On the day.I fail to see the justification on paying more on the day.That’s the Promotions decision though.

£24 for double headers last year? That’s a hell of a price hike. Wouldn’t be so bad if there was someone like Bomber racing, worth the admission alone when he missed the gate. This lot doesn’t entertain 

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

Good luck Scorpions, need to get your gating boots on tonight;)

Quite a big track so need fast set-ups & engines to last.

4 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Quite a big track so need fast set-ups & engines to last.

Need to gate.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Need to gate.

NO PASSING!

Do not pass go, do not collect £200.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

£32 if you make a late decision to attend On the day.I fail to see the justification on paying more on the day.That’s the Promotions decision though.

Now posted as £30 on gate or by e ticket

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It’s no coincidence it’s the same Promotion.Their choice.How many Anderson’s pies do we need , big decisions.!!

5 less pies for our group lol

7 minutes ago, Normski said:

Now posted as £30 on gate or by e ticket

WTF far to late take it ticket sales are useless

Edited by Bandit59
  • Haha 1

You sure you don't mean ticket sales have been abysmal so now panicking nobody is going to be there

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 2:23 PM, BackstaightBandit said:

Early-bird e-tickets now on sale at discounted prices -- save £2 by buying online in advance from:

https://www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets/

Teams line up as:

Berwick FTS Bandits (powered by Keenwood Karpets)
1 Thomas Jørgensen 9.53
2 Jonas Knudsen 5.00
3 Leon Flint (C) 7.00
4 Jye Etheridge 6.29
5 Rory Schlein 8.18
6 Greg Blair (G) 2.00
7 Connor Coles 2.00

Scunthorpe Attis Insurance Scorpions
1 Ryan Douglas 9.38
2 Simon Lambert (C) 5.20
3 Max Clegg 5.36
4 Jake Allen 6.30
5 Michael Palm Toft 6.76
6 Connor Mountain 4.72
7 Nathan Ablitt 2.00

Get yourselves along as the Bandits look to kick start their league campaign against fellow play off hopefuls Scunthorpe who are fresh off some reshuffling in their 1-7 on a bumper night of speedway at Shielfield Park

The Bandits will look to bounce back from a disappointing home defeat to Redcar in the KO cup and get the league campaign off to a winning start

Don’t forget the Bullets are facing the Kent Royals in the NDL after this match in what is sure to be an exciting tussle

All of this for only £1 a heat, you won’t want to miss it

I think  there is a few Scunthorpe fans voting with there feet ,why should they pay extra for a match the don’t want to see ie the NDL fixture after the Bandits v Scorpions . Poor promoting I think

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Not for me and the wife I'm afraid at that price 2 or 3 others that we spoke to last week are giving it a miss also.

You can add me to the list of a non-attendee, when the price was announced the other day my decision was an immediate no. Since then I have had a second and third reconsideration and still come to the same decision, its just to much for very little entertainment. I am very lucky, I have a full time job, so can afford the £30 admission and live 5mins from the track but can any of us who have attended all three home matches can we have had value for our £20`s.