British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BackstaightBandit

Berwick v Scunthorpe 6/5/2023 6:30PM (League)

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

When a rider of MPT experience rides like junior Questions should asked.

Yes, Redcar used to ask the same questions.

Really enjoyable meeting at Shielfield tonight, in front of a fairly poor crowd. 
Thought on the whole the Bandits were decent and everyone scored pretty well. 
Heat 14 was a little bit embarrassing from Jye, however, and probably sums up his season so far. Hope he can recover from this bad spell as he’s been a good servant to Berwick over the last few years, however I personally think it’s time for a change. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Scunthorpe might have won with Thompson in the side.

Don't know how you came so close with Clegg in the team.

Time for Jye to go. Nearly cost us the meeting tonight from some awful riding. Luckily Douglas’ bike problems saved us but no excuses from Jye, not good enough. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Unlucky nite for scorpions, cannot afford passengers especially No scores in any league

Everyone sees it for their own team when saying you are unlucky (or lucky).

I look at it that Berwick lost points in heat 2 with Greg's engine failure, heat 4 with Connor avoiding Mountain in front of him and heat 5 with Leon's engine problems. I also say Ryan should have been of 15 metres in the race he had a problem in as he moved again and he was already on a warning.

To me both teams had an equal amount of bad luck in the meeting so probably the end result was fair.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Everyone sees it for their own team when saying you are unlucky (or lucky).

I look at it that Berwick lost points in heat 2 with Greg's engine failure, heat 4 with Connor avoiding Mountain in front of him and heat 5 with Leon's engine problems. I also say Ryan should have been of 15 metres in the race he had a problem in as he moved again and he was already on a warning.

To me both teams had an equal amount of bad luck in the meeting so probably the end result was fair.

I disagree, Blair never started heat 2, Connor was at the back in heat 4, and Leon was getting passed by Lambert either way in heat 5 due to his teammate being so slow in front of him. I don’t think Scunthorpe won a single point due to luck, you could argue Blair might of beat Ablitt in ht2 but when you don’t even get off the line then I think that goes out of the window.

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea
  • Like 1

As a Bandit fan pleased to get a win under the belt. Yes we had a bit of luck with Douglas twice suffering bike problems which I was told were due to his fuel line or it may have been a different outcome. For Scunthorpe Palm Toft, and Clegg were embarrassing Lambert put in a excellent shift as well. 

• Like 1

A much needed win after last weeks debacle

Slightly lucky in the sense that Scunthorpe signed a perennial scorer of zero at Berwick in Max Clegg earlier this week but it was good to see Jorgensen looking quicker than he has done in previous weeks

Coles continues to work hard and Leon and Rory did enough to back him up

Scunthorpe very much a four man team with Douglas very unlucky not to bag a maximum due to bike troubles

Quite easily the most entertaining meeting of the season so far which certainly helped

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I disagree, Blair was at the back in heat 2, Connor was at the back in heat 4, and Leon was getting passed by Lambert either way in heat 5 due to his teammate being so slow in front of him. I don’t think Scunthorpe won a single point due to luck, you could argue Blair might of beat Ablitt in ht2 but when you don’t even get off the line then I think that goes out of the window.

People have their own opinions (that's what its all about). To me Blair would have beat Ablitt in heat 2, Connor was in 3rd (behind Mountain in 2nd) in heat 4 and Leon had problems on the first lap when well ahead of Lambert (he would have easily passed Jye if he didn't have any problems).

Disappointing to see Bandit fans calling for certain riders heads after such a great victory to kick off the league campaign, every rider from 1-7 did a sterling job tonight and I’m sure they will continue to work hard and improve.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, BackstaightBandit said:

Disappointing to see Bandit fans calling for certain riders heads after such a great victory to kick off the league campaign, every rider from 1-7 did a sterling job tonight and I’m sure they will continue to work hard and improve.

Berwick and Birmingham to battle for the wooden spoon for certain 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Time for Jye to go. Nearly cost us the meeting tonight from some awful riding. Luckily Douglas’ bike problems saved us but no excuses from Jye, not good enough. 

He not going out or engaged to Courtney’s daughter? Part of the family now so doubt it. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

He not going out or engaged to Courtney’s daughter? Part of the family now so doubt it. 

Is it not Hepburn’s daughter.?

• Like 2