British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Bear

Redcar v Birmingham BSN 6th May

4 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Fairly run of the mill meeting but worth the entrance fee to watch King Charles blast around the boards in Heat 15.

Bears still have the same issues as previous meetings, but I thought Bailey rode better than Hume , despite scoring less points. Mulford is obviously a concern , he just can’t get out of the gate to give himself a chance. Not many 2 pointers to choose from so I’d stick with him a bit longer.

For the Brummies, Sedgmen was superb until the last heat and Bowtell and Pearson  rode well. Morris had a disastrous night and if he’d been anywhere near on it the score could have been much different.

Much closer than most predicted   ,I think that if all the brum riders could perform on the same night things could get better.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Petecc said:

Much closer than most predicted   ,I think that if all the brum riders could perform on the same night things could get better.

Maybe Redcar arent as good as many predicted 

3 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Still better than a lot of Teams ,from what I have seen of them.

4 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Think most Redcar fans didn’t have us as favourites for anything as we knew how well everyone rides our track. 

16 minutes ago, Petecc said:

Think you could say the same about the Bears, but yes the Brummies put on a good performance tonight and was definitely more encouraging for them.

• Like 1

In interview at the end Danny King said he hadn't been feeling too well, so that would explain his absence from heat 15

• Like 1

Charles Wright in Heat 15 was breathtaking, doubt you will see a better race all season 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Charles Wright in Heat 15 was breathtaking, doubt you will see a better race all season 

Agreed, streamed this instead of going to Berwick,on the other hand never seen Morris have such a bad meeting,Sedgy was flying.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

......on the other hand never seen Morris have such a bad meeting, Sedgy was flying.

It's interesting what you say as a (temporary) Leicester fan. In amongst a glittering list of names, Max Frick, Bomber and so on, Justin is surely the Lions signing of the year. He's scoring solidly in every meeting and seems to fear no one. Nick, on the other hand, who rode for the Lions last year, looks frustrated and possibly unsure what to do to regain his form. Belle Vue, recently grabbed a draw when we were 6 up with 2 to go and then won the Super(fluous) heat. Fair play to Nick, he "fronted it up" in the post meeting interviews but he was so upset that he couldn't speak. I wasn't cross, I really felt for him because it appeared he couldn't understand what had just happened. Maybe it's to do with his motors, I don't know. But I sense he's very competitive and it won't be long before we see him scoring good points again.

According to posts on twitter, track covers were used to get this meeting on. Didn't know Redcar had track covers, how long has this been going on?

20 minutes ago, iainb said:

According to posts on twitter, track covers were used to get this meeting on. Didn't know Redcar had track covers, how long has this been going on?

Jason Edwards said on the stream last night they bought them of Newcastle 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Jason Edwards said on the stream last night they bought them of Newcastle 

From the dogs? Has Newcastle closed completely then? I thought it was just the Speedway

Just now, iainb said:

From the dogs? Has Newcastle closed completely then? I thought it was just the Speedway

Think he meant Newcastle speedway the covers were just on the bends

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Track covers for most Greyhound /Speedway Stadia usually consist of just Tarpaulin covers, Newcastle greyhounds still going, I can never understand why Speedway does not try cricket type covers ie the ones on wheels.

Edited by heathen52
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, heathen52 said:

Track covers for most Greyhound /Speedway Stadia usually consist of just Tarpaulin covers, Newcastle greyhounds still going, I can never understand why Speedway does not try cricket type covers ie the ones on wheels.

Did Newcastle have Speedway track covers?