British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Redcar vs Poole BSN SF 2nd leg 20th May

12 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Not putting pressure  on Mulford then eh? He’s a 2 point average rider and up against two former Bears and veterans for goodness sake and that’s just in heat 2!
It’s down to ALL the Bears and the guest being on top form , from heat one, something which is not a regular occurrence at home but they are capable of it. Poole ride Redcar as well , if not better , than their own track so it’s going to be a very tough one for the Bears.

Why is me stating that Mulford scoring, putting pressure on him. He won heat 4 at Birmingham, beat Roynon on Wednesday. He needs to start scoring at his home track. That is not being critical.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Poole scored 48 and 50 on their last 2 visits to Redcar, so still are favourites to go through.

If the Bears can win on the night that’ll be a good result.

Those scores are with Danny in our team so might be slightly different. Although Lawson and Zach have guested a few times at Redcar this season, so that will help.

But with Zach being on Charles' latest list of 'riders I have a problem with..' could be extra interesting! 

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Those scores are with Danny in our team so might be slightly different. Although Lawson and Zach have guested a few times at Redcar this season, so that will help.

But with Zach being on Charles' latest list of 'riders I have a problem with..' could be extra interesting! 

To be fair I don’t think he’s a new addition as he had a “disagreement” with him at Plymouth in 2021 I seem to remember.

Every team would be better with a Charles Wright in it in my opinion, proper racer and always gives 100%.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

To be fair I don’t think he’s a new addition as he had a “disagreement” with him at Plymouth in 2021 I seem to remember.

Every team would be better with a Charles Wright in it in my opinion, proper racer and always gives 100%.

Agree but discussing BV Vs Wolves....

20 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Wright is a clown. Could’ve got himself and cook hurt there. Bordering on dangerous the way he rides at times almost desperation. 

Didn’t see the incident so can’t comment apart from saying that someone calling themselves Mr Blobby calling someone else a clown seems quite ironic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

You are getting mixed up. It was Zane Keleher that Charles had an altercation with at Plymouth in 2021. Poole discarded Keleher, and went to Plymouth. He brought Charles off in heat 5. Charles was excluded. In the rerun he brought James Sarjeant off. Was rightfully excluded. In the return meeting at Redcar. Heat 3. After the race, on the warm down lap. He pulled Jake Allen's cut out off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikebaker said:

Why is me stating that Mulford scoring, putting pressure on him. He won heat 4 at Birmingham, beat Roynon on Wednesday. He needs to start scoring at his home track. That is not being critical.

You’ve just done it again…” .Mulford NEEDS to start scoring at his home track “ …not, you would LIKE him to score or it would be good….your demanding he scores which is is being critical. He’s a two point average rider in his first season finding his feet and most of us can see the effort he’s putting in, give the lad a chance, he’ll come good when he can get on an even par getting out of the gate.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Agree but discussing BV Vs Wolves....

Looking at scores, plus for us is Ben, Zach and Richard scored well last night unfortunately so did Lewis who is guesting Saturday.Should be a good meeting with everything in the balance.

Edited by foreverblue

1 hour ago, mikebaker said:

You are getting mixed up. It was Zane Keleher that Charles had an altercation with at Plymouth in 2021. Poole discarded Keleher, and went to Plymouth. He brought Charles off in heat 5. Charles was excluded. In the rerun he brought James Sarjeant off. Was rightfully excluded. In the return meeting at Redcar. Heat 3. After the race, on the warm down lap. He pulled Jake Allen's cut out off.

Yup, you’re right. 

Too many Z’s about.

2 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Agree, but its when he gives it 110% that there can be a problem!!

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Agree, but its when he gives it 110% that there can be a problem!!

Fair comment, happens to a lot of riders who you’d call racers.

I’ve seen a lot of riders I’d consider (for want of a better phrase) “dirty” over the years and I wouldn’t put Charles in that category. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Poole Pirates Speedway Website (Official) (poole-speedway.com)

The Wessex Marine Pirates will need to be on their 'A' games when they travel to Teesside on Saturday, defending a small, but valuable, six point lead as they seek to secure a place in the BSN Final.

It is a meeting that promises a great deal with the Steve Worrall and Richard Lawson both accomplished scorers around the ECCO Arena and both Pirate reserves Kyle Newman and Adam Roynon having had spells there last season.

Poole boss Danny Ford admitted to being "relieved" that the his charges were able to secure the advantage saying "we always knew it was going to be tough. One look at their side and it was clear they were going to make things as difficult as they could, but our lads dug in really deep at the end and we will now go to theirs with the plan of taking the tie to them. Just as they had riders who enjoy riding our track so we have a side that shouldn't have too many fears about riding there and this has all the making of a being an epic conclusion to the semi-final. We want to be in that final, you need to be there to have a chance of picking up the trophy and we love doing that at Poole so I have no doubt that our lads will give it their all as they seek to finish the job."

18 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Fair comment, happens to a lot of riders who you’d call racers.

I’ve seen a lot of riders I’d consider (for want of a better phrase) “dirty” over the years and I wouldn’t put Charles in that category. 

Agree, and I'd pay to watch him over Lawson or Worrall any day of the week. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Poole Pirates Speedway Website (Official) (poole-speedway.com)

The Wessex Marine Pirates will need to be on their 'A' games when they travel to Teesside on Saturday, defending a small, but valuable, six point lead as they seek to secure a place in the BSN Final.

It is a meeting that promises a great deal with the Steve Worrall and Richard Lawson both accomplished scorers around the ECCO Arena and both Pirate reserves Kyle Newman and Adam Roynon having had spells there last season.

Poole boss Danny Ford admitted to being "relieved" that the his charges were able to secure the advantage saying "we always knew it was going to be tough. One look at their side and it was clear they were going to make things as difficult as they could, but our lads dug in really deep at the end and we will now go to theirs with the plan of taking the tie to them. Just as they had riders who enjoy riding our track so we have a side that shouldn't have too many fears about riding there and this has all the making of a being an epic conclusion to the semi-final. We want to be in that final, you need to be there to have a chance of picking up the trophy and we love doing that at Poole so I have no doubt that our lads will give it their all as they seek to finish the job."

Once again the Pirates will be operating rider replacement for Anders Rowe, as he misses Saturday's trip due to a clash with his FIM SGP2 qualifier, whilst the Bears have booked a guest in place of their number one Erik Riss, with another top ECCO Arena performer Lewis Kerr being called up, whilst the Pirates will also have a further personnel change, with  locally based, former world champion and club captain Gary Havelock taking on the team manager duties for this Northern based fixture.

The successful side from Saturday's meeting will face the winners of the other semi-final which concludes on Friday night, when Glasgow, holding a twelve point lead from the first leg, stage their home fixture against Scunthorpe.

Saturday's teams:
Redcar - 1 Lewis Kerr (Guest) 2 Danyon Hume 3 Charles Wright (Capt) 4 Connor Bailey 5 Danny King 6 Jason Edwards 7 Jake Mulford Team manager Gavin Parr
Poole - 1 Steve Worrall (Capt) 2 Rider Replacement 3 Ben Cook 4 Zach Cook 5 Richard Lawson 6 Kyle Newman 7 Adam Roynon Team manager Gary Havelock

Think you got that wrong, Glasgow hold a TWO point lead against Scunny from the 1st leg

1 hour ago, OldtimerRay said:

Think you got that wrong, Glasgow hold a TWO point lead against Scunny from the 1st leg

Not me personally as it is from the Poole website.