British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Scunny league 24th May

3 hours ago, Weeyin said:

If I were team manager , I would have told Scorps to get a 3-3 in heat 13 then give Dougy a tactical in heat 14

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe the Poole manager told his lads too?

That would have been some race, Allen slowing to allow Sedgmen past, so Sedgmen then slows to allow Allen back into 3rd, Douglas spots this & allows Worrall to pass lol!

1 hour ago, JoeW436 said:

All about building consistency at this point, don’t want to be banging in 16 on one night  and then 4/5 later in the week. One of the few bright lights at Peterborough this season so hopefully the progress continues.

But 16 one week followed by 4/5 the next, is better than 4/5 every week (which is more consistent).

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Thought Rob Godfrey's comments tonight were quite interesting. Saying he begged Drew Kemp to come to Scunny and also that Poole tried to sign Kemp when Jack Thomas got injured and he said no to that too. Also sounded like if Rowe wasn't at Poole they would have tried to sign him and also mentioned 'other pieces of a jigsaw'. So am assuming more changes after 28 days are up? Said Tom Brennan wouldn't return his calls about guesting tonight. 

Well if we get an 8 point win after everyone riding just okay, then not too worrying imo. 

Was out tonight so couldn't watch the stream and well done to Scunthorpe for pushing the pirates all the way not such a cakewalk some thought it would be but if Tom Brennan allegedly didn't answer his phone maybe he didn't want to drive to Poole and earn a few quid ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

That would have been some race, Allen slowing to allow Sedgmen past, so Sedgmen then slows to allow Allen back into 3rd, Douglas spots this & allows Worrall to pass lol!

It’s the only way Worrall,s going to pass anybody!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tracy Bird said:

It’s the only way Worrall,s going to pass anybody!

A good guest for Redcar on Friday then!!!:D

In an 'underwhelming' meeting - aside from the imperious Douglas - all Pirates scored solidly if not to the usual double figures for most. Track conditions certainly didn't help after a few hot dry sunny days. Moving on.........

I do think we need some consistency in the track preparation, we have no real home advantage at the moment as it seems to be different every week. The usual outside line was totally missing last night. Both Ben and Zach looked to have the speed to pass but the lines were just not there to let them pull off the moves. Not sure if our regular track man is back yet or if it is a combination of a few things and maybe need some fresh track material again.

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

A good guest for Redcar on Friday then!!!:D

Surprised they not gone for Ben really! Although a fair bit of petrol money needed to get up there. 

10 hours ago, Essex said:

Was out tonight so couldn't watch the stream and well done to Scunthorpe for pushing the pirates all the way not such a cakewalk some thought it would be but if Tom Brennan allegedly didn't answer his phone maybe he didn't want to drive to Poole and earn a few quid ?

Would have though Tom and Glasgow would want the practice as he isn't great at Poole. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Surprised they not gone for Ben really! Although a fair bit of petrol money needed to get up there. 

I think Ben is doing other stuff on Friday!!!!!-_-  Maybe he'll elaborate on tonight's PirateCastLive at 7pm on You-Tube

• Like 1

Does anyone know the two Poole 'fans' that constantly bang on about Steve Worrall on Twitter? Holy s**t it's constant...last year it was picking Ablett , gets me that despite all the constant success Pirates have they are never satisfied!! Probably clear up this year too but I imagine they won't notice being too busy slagging Worrall off 

• Like 1

I really don't understand all of this hate for Steve? Aye, he might not be going through a good patch at the minute but he's still a hell of a rider on his day, he has experience on all of the tracks, he's the captain and who the hell else are ya gonna bring in on that average who will do better?

He's doing good for Wolverhampton and this is probably the lowest his form has been for years in the Championship... He'll come good and start riding like the Steve of last year again I'm sure of it... Poole has an incredibly strong side right the way through the 1-7 so I don't think they should worry too much about his slight lack of form as of late.

From his days at Newcastle he was one of the leagues best and I was gutted to see him leave, I would have had him as my number 1 every single time.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I think Ben is doing other stuff on Friday!!!!!-_-  Maybe he'll elaborate on tonight's PirateCastLive at 7pm on You-Tube

Be quicker if you just said ;)

11 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Does anyone know the two Poole 'fans' that constantly bang on about Steve Worrall on Twitter? Holy s**t it's constant...last year it was picking Ablett , gets me that despite all the constant success Pirates have they are never satisfied!! Probably clear up this year too but I imagine they won't notice being too busy slagging Worrall off 

Yeah. I have had debates with both especially over the Ablitt comments last season as I am not comfortable with anyone under the age of 23ish getting comments like that on SM, unless it is constructive. But I have decided to just let it go now, they are allowed their opinion and one of them goes to a hell of a lot of away meetings, he loves it at Glasgow. 

6 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I really don't understand all of this hate for Steve? Aye, he might not be going through a good patch at the minute but he's still a hell of a rider on his day, he has experience on all of the tracks, he's the captain and who the hell else are ya gonna bring in on that average who will do better?

He's doing good for Wolverhampton and this is probably the lowest his form has been for years in the Championship... He'll come good and start riding like the Steve of last year again I'm sure of it... Poole has an incredibly strong side right the way through the 1-7 so I don't think they should worry too much about his slight lack of form as of late.

From his days at Newcastle he was one of the leagues best and I was gutted to see him leave, I would have had him as my number 1 every single time.

Most of the people on here saying last night we should have kept Danny aren't Poole fans though. I know FB has been vocal over the winter about he thinks it is the wrong decision but his is definitely not hate, just prefers Danny I think. 

• Like 1

I assume you mean these two @hagonshocker . I just roll my eyes at it now. I think most Poole fans do as well, we are well used to it! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1