British Speedway Forum
eide67

Edinburgh v Scunthorpe Championship 26/5/23

3 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Could be wrong but am not convinced that with the points options we are likely to have, 2 changes are unlikely to make a difference going forward.  Unless the injuries to Josh & Craig are long term ones am assuming you may be thinking of a permutation of any 2 from positions #4, #6 & #7, the latter two being our most fragile as with last year.   Question is could 7.28 points be better spent on two NDL ? replacements before 1st June or 3.28 points on one ?   The management has always encouraged supporters to have high expectations of the sides they assemble and rightly so.  However, starting with Josh's unfortunate injury and its unsettling effect on the team, we appear to have run into a perfect storm of a further injury to Craig, Paco's absence and off form reserves, while meeting an excellent Scorpions side at full strength rightly taking advantage of the situation as we would have done ourselves.    Judging by the comments on Facebook the supporters understandable frustrations are there for all to see and as a clearly in pain Kye Thomson commented ( injured hand ) that sometimes you just have to take it on the chin and move on.  However, as we are often reminded these days, Speedway is a business as well as a sport and that has to taken into account when moving on.

Well our averages go over the limit as of June 1st. We have 0.45 extra to play with till then. If we want to make the play offs then we need to brutal and make 2 changes. I’d bring in a 2 pointer from the NDL to replace Bickley and someone from the continent on a 5.00 to replace hook and that will get us Fredricksen at reserve. 

17 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

7-9?? So in line with Craig Cook and Josh Pickering? That feels more than a little unrealistic. Expect that from Kye fair enough. 

Score 7-9 points a meeting not average! That would be unrealistic!

I hoped before the season he would be capable of being a dominant reserve, if he was riding well he would be getting at least 5 rides a meeting, so those sort of scores would have been easily achievable.

Edited by spt82

19 minutes ago, spt82 said:

Score 7-9 points a meeting not average! That would be unrealistic!

I hoped before the season he would be capable of being a dominant reserve, if he was riding well he would be getting at least 5 rides a meeting, so those sort of scores would have been easily achievable.

scoring 7-9 from 5 rides would be averaging 5.6-7.2

What average would covatti be on? Winning race in gp qualifier in lonigo could come in with Paco. Probably need 3 changes to fit though

19 hours ago, cyclone said:

Brennan is with Lodz in Poland, so I would expect he has bikes available on mainland Europe in addtion to his UK based kit.

I would expect Castagna to have bikes in Italy, or does he only have two(?) bikes in Britain?

13 hours ago, spt82 said:

I think Birmingham made us look better than we were/are, well if he only hits his average that's why we'll struggle, pretty sure he was signed on the hope he would significantly improve on a 4 point average this year in what should be a weaker league. 

BTW I'm not against Jacob at all I've just found his form disappointing this year, was expecting consistent scores around 7-9 this year.

Hook had about a 2.5 average last year. If he averages 4.0 he's improved as a rider. Technically the team built to a 38 point limit, so the improvement by Hook & Fredriksen would only bring Edinburgh up to a "legitimate" 40.00 average, putting them on a par with weaker teams, not 40.00 teams that also have riders putting points on their averages.

18 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

I'd bring in a 2 pointer from the NDL to replace Bickley and someone from the continent on a 5.00 to replace hook and that will get us Fredricksen at reserve. 

What a fantastic advert for the Monarchs Academy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, King Jamie said:

So we should just stick with the current problem cause they ride in the academy. Sorry but if you actually want the season to go past August and make the play offs you need to make changes. Sometimes in life you just need to be ruthless.

• Like 4

On 5/27/2023 at 5:37 PM, Mr Blobby said:

I’d bring in a 2 pointer from the NDL to replace Bickley and someone from the continent on a 5.00 to replace hook and that will get us Fredricksen at reserve. 

6 hours ago, King Jamie said:

It is if the 2 pointer they bring in is  Alex Spooner!

6 hours ago, King Jamie said:

And tell me, what advert for the academy was all the local lads getting dropped and a 27 year old Australian flown in to take their place?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

So we should just stick with the current problem cause they ride in the academy. Sorry but if you actually want the season to go past August and make the play offs you need to make changes. Sometimes in life you just need to be ruthless.

5 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

It is if the 2 pointer they bring in is  Alex Spooner!

Nowhere near ready

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

And tell me, what advert for the academy was all the local lads getting dropped and a 27 year old Australian flown in to take their place?

Who has scored 1 point in his first 3 matches!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Can’t see how you can make big enough changes to get past August now.IMO

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I’m hearing they approached Garrity to see the season out at Armadale.

He in turn approached the parole board to put him back inside.

Just confirming that he will do anything to avoid Edinburgh.

He even had a dodgy van when he had to visit Armadale.