British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Oxford vs Poole KOC SF 1st leg 30th May

Tickets now on sale for this, should be a decent crowd. Usually is when Poole visit.

Hopefully it'll be a bit closer across the two legs than it was in the BSN Series!

Going by our home form recently it will probably be a lot closer! Apparently Richard is aiming to be back next week. Not sure that is a good idea though, if he's not fit. People think if he wasn't in hospital he would have tried to ride last Weds! So a guest maybe needed, but Redcar and Glasgow also riding on Tuesday. 

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Going by our home form recently it will probably be a lot closer! Apparently Richard is aiming to be back next week. Not sure that is a good idea though, if he's not fit. People think if he wasn't in hospital he would have tried to ride last Weds! So a guest maybe needed, but Redcar and Glasgow also riding on Tuesday. 

IMO if he had a big enough hit to be hospitalised for potential lung damage, even if they found nothing. In his best interests he should probably be put into the 9 day concussion protocol.

It seems its more the abrasions on his arm that that are giving Richard grief!!

• Like 1

Leicester are at Peterborough on Monday so be interesting to see if he does or doesn't ride in that. Prob gives us an answer. 

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

IMO if he had a big enough hit to be hospitalised for potential lung damage, even if they found nothing. In his best interests he should probably be put into the 9 day concussion protocol.

Lol , he did not have concussion , similar to calling him pregnant and giving him 9 months off .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

Lol , he did not have concussion , similar to calling him pregnant and giving him 9 months off .

I didn't say he had concussion, but as he has been hospitalised that he probably should have to have to take time off. They have a concussion protocol so why shouldn't there be something similar.

Edited by Triple.H.

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Leicester are at Peterborough on Monday so be interesting to see if he does or doesn't ride in that. Prob gives us an answer. 

Returning Monday is Richard's target.

Is it half term yet ?  Dear me,

Poole Pirates Speedway Website (Official) (poole-speedway.com)

This will be the fifth time in the club's history that they have ridden a knockout cup tie against Oxford, but the first time for twenty years, when the Pirates earned a 100-80 aggregate semi-final victory before going on to lift the Elite League Knockout Cup trophy by beating Coventry 90-88.

Nothing will ever beat the 2003 season!

Teams:
Oxford: 1 Sam Masters  2 Cameron Heeps 3 Lewis Kerr 4 Jordan Jenkins 5 Scott Nicholls (Capt) 6 Henry Atkins 7 Ryan Kinsley Team manager Peter Shroeck
Poole: 1 Steve Worrall (Capt) 2 Anders Rowe 3 Ben Cook 4 Zach Cook 5 Richard Lawson 6 Kyle Newman 7 Adam Roynon Team manager Neil Middleditch

Hopefully they have a guest lined up for Richard in case he realises during the Leicester meeting, he isn't quite fit yet.

Is this meeting being streamed.  I ask as I am usable to attend. 

1 hour ago, BROCK said:

Oxford don't stream they're meetings

1 hour ago, BROCK said:

Only twitter updates......!!

Thanks. Not only am I usable to attend, I  am also unable to attend.

• Haha 1