British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

09.06.2023 KOC QF L2, Scunny v Brum

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

This is likely to be a big win for the Scorpions

Can I be sarcastic and ask what makes you think that ? :D

I'm hoping for D.T to make his debut and get Zach Cook in for James Wright and we might be able to make a fist of it ?

Edited by GiveusaB

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Can I be sarcastic and ask what makes you think that ? :D

I'm hoping for D.T to make his debut and get Zach Cook in for James Wright and we might be able to make a fist of it ?

I think you will find DT is out with concussion sustained at Peterbough on Monday last week. He's not riding for either of Leicester's teams this week.

3 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

I think you will find DT is out with concussion sustained at Peterbough on Monday last week. He's not riding for either of Leicester's teams this week.

Wasn't sure how long the 'recovery' period was ? I'm guessing it must be 2 weeks ?

16 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Wasn't sure how long the 'recovery' period was ? I'm guessing it must be 2 weeks ?

I thought it was 10 days :unsure:

Read somewhere he has a 12 day rest due to his age. Apparently the older you are the less time you need off. Strange I know. 

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

For someone 16-19 it’s 12 days

17 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It's more for younger riders- 12 days I believe for Dan.

5 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Read somewhere he has a 12 day rest due to his age. Apparently the older you are the less time you need off. Strange I know. 

It's called medical science

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9290185/

Key quote:

"... with the greatest risk occurring in the first 10 days post-injury.7,11,12 Preliminary evidence has shown the vulnerable window may be longer in duration in children compared with adults, highlighting the importance of proper concussion diagnosis and management in the pediatric athlete."

• Thanks 1

Advice to manager...put R/R at No.2....Zach Cook can then ride in Heat 8....put Joe Thompson in Heat 1, give him a few laps before Heat 2 ... Bowtell in Heat 5 and a T/S in Heat 11 !

24 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Advice to manager...put R/R at No.2....Zach Cook can then ride in Heat 8....put Joe Thompson in Heat 1, give him a few laps before Heat 2 ... Bowtell in Heat 5 and a T/S in Heat 11 !

No tac sub rides allowed in two legged matches. 

Team declared 5 days prior to the meeting snd then the riding order can’t  be changed. Yet another tactical  blunder from you know who

• Thanks 1

I am glad to notice that all of our riders that have had the extra meetings this week are fit & have found a bit more form from bike or set up issues so looks good for tonight but we can not be complacent & just get on with the job in hand. 2 points in front from 1st leg so we just need to keep adding to it, stay safe & get through the meeting still in front where we would meet Redcar in the semi-final. Birmingham, though, will be on a mission & a point to prove.

Weather fine so track & the racing should be spot on.