British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Plymouth 7th June league

Thinks he's on Facebook Steve, guess you weren't there Wednesday?

On 6/8/2023 at 9:49 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

Funny lot the “promoters” in the PL.

Seems they only want clubs to join when it suits them…… for as long as I can remember they have been riddled with self interest, and been pretty hostile to newly “promoted” clubs. 
I remember Wimbledon under the Lanning family wanting to run 1st div. at Plough Lane being refused, Hackney Kestrels moving up:and being shafted with only the late Simon Wigg being allocated to strengthen the team. 

Oxford being refused a PL place …

Nope the PL “promoters” are like a secret society running a closed shop …….

Think it’s time for the PL clubs to eat humble pie and apply to join the Championship in 2024 . 

100% agree. How dare business owners try to protect their own businesses? Especially when these businesses are already struggling. They should just let anyone in who wants to join, regardless of whether or not they can afford it. 
And bring back rider allocation. That was such a huge success. Or would have been had promoters not fought to hang on to their best riders. As Greta Thunberg never said, how dare they?

PS Can I take my tongue out of my cheek now?!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, weatherman said:

Thinks he's on Facebook Steve, guess you weren't there Wednesday?

Yep, Tony is on facebook .. i couldn't make Wednesday but just done Leicester yesterday and Scunny today. 

Will be at Poole on Wednesday though

• Like 2