British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Leicester 10/06/2023 3pm

Great to see a number of Leicester fans making the trip up, did the ref make a mistake by letting them use Kai Ward in heat 8 as a replacemeng for Boughen? If not why did they not use a reserve in heats 1, 5 & 11??

8 minutes ago, GMILLS said:

Great to see a number of Leicester fans making the trip up, did the ref make a mistake by letting them use Kai Ward in heat 8 as a replacemeng for Boughen? If not why did they not use a reserve in heats 1, 5 & 11??

Because a rider only as to have 3 programmed rides he can be replaced in one of his 4 programmed rides whether present or not.

Referee was correct.

Edited by lbw

2 minutes ago, Fourentee said:

Do you have the gist, please, for non-Facebook users? Thanks in advance.

He basically confirmed what Leicester said on their website. His Dad was taken ill and they had to return home. He was meant to be riding at Iwade today but pulled out from that too. He apologised to Leicester as a whole and everyone at Iwade today.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Never thought to get checked out by the doctors on site? Lets drive 7 hours home instead! Surely a 28 day ban is coming 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, scaramanga said:

to be fair to harry his first 2 rides looked like he wasnt interested but his last 2 he looked a different rider 

Harry did improve in terms of body language and riding style but still only managed 2 from 5. In his first ride he resembled a novice which suggested he his not getting enough time on the bike. If lack of bike time is one of the contributing factors then that is something Harry can put right and needs to. Worky are sticking by him so that is the least he can do.

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Never thought to get checked out by the doctors on site? Lets drive 7 hours home instead! Surely a 28 day ban is coming 

It does sound rather implausible. Think a bit of retrospective covering up may be going on to try and mitigate against the likelyhood of disciplinary action.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

He basically confirmed what Leicester said on their website. His Dad was taken ill and they had to return home. He was meant to be riding at Iwade today but pulled out from that too. He apologised to Leicester as a whole and everyone at Iwade today.

Many thanks.

If his Dad was really ill, why not go to see track Dr then surely a facility would be available to Leicester due to mitigating circumstances. Also, if Dad was that ill, was it wise to drive straight back home. There's more to this than meets the eye.

1 minute ago, rocket007 said:

If his Dad was really ill, why not go to see track Dr then surely a facility would be available to Leicester due to mitigating circumstances. Also, if Dad was that ill, was it wise to drive straight back home. There's more to this than meets the eye.

Until we know (if we ever do) the actual circumstances, we can't really make assumptions.  For a start, did his dad do the driving home. or was there someone else to drive?  

As far as "mitigating circumstances,"  I'm not so sure about that.  Seek medical advice (plenty of that around) and seek another mechanic.  If medical advice is "go home" then maybe, but the rider should still be disciplined for not riding in the meeting (I would expect a 28 day ban).

But, as I say, let's hear the truth of what actually happened.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

That's an end to all that then and we can all move on :D

44 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Until we know (if we ever do) the actual circumstances, we can't really make assumptions.  For a start, did his dad do the driving home. or was there someone else to drive?  

As far as "mitigating circumstances,"  I'm not so sure about that.  Seek medical advice (plenty of that around) and seek another mechanic.  If medical advice is "go home" then maybe, but the rider should still be disciplined for not riding in the meeting (I would expect a 28 day ban).

But, as I say, let's hear the truth of what actually happened.

I don't think Nathan Ablitt got a 28 day ban when he didn't turn up at Armadale last year? Pretty sure he rode for Poole soon afterwards!