British Speedway Forum
4BM

Sheffield v Ipswich 15th June (A fixture)

8 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I’m lucky enough to watch Doyle every week at foxhall. 

6 hours ago, 4BM said:

You not seen Doyle then, ultimate at that game right from heat 1, skeletor was at his best tonight with his tantrums 

I saw on the text updates that Doyley was bemused with young Danyon after heat 1, what happened there ?

9 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

I saw on the text updates that Doyley was bemused with young Danyon after heat 1, what happened there ?

Danyon held Doyle up for 3 laps before Doyle got past and made up ground on musielak. Not the first time young Danyon has impeded his team mate. But hasn’t perfected that art as well as Danny king has ! 

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I’m lucky enough to watch Doyle every week at foxhall. 

With top league speedway now not every week lol 

8 hours ago, CountArthur said:

Also, I would have paid £22 to watch Sayfutdinov ride round on his own. Probably one of the best performances from a visiting rider in my 49 years of watching speedway and the first time he has ever seen the track. Absolute genius. 

Emil's a class act and been a joy to watch everywhere he's been by all accounts, he rocked up at Leicester earlier in the season and went thru the card plus broke the track record and then last night went unbeaten at a track he probably ain't rode many times if at all, and he's pure class round Foxhall every wk.

Sayfutdinov best rider in league absolute class act, Holder and Musielak no answer to him. 

racing at Owlerton has been decent this year, like previously said certain riders who are world class will trap and be gone that’s just this league. Why do certain posters on here have such a bad opinion of Jack Holder? He’s a fair rider on track and seems to be mates with everyone in the pits

8 hours ago, CountArthur said:

It wasn't the most exciting of meetings in terms of racing for sure, but it retained some interest in the scoring and seeing if Sheffield could build up a big enough lead for them to hold off the Witches big guns in heats 13 and 15.

I don't think Sheffield's track is as suited to modern day speedway as it was in the past, especially at this level with riders being so fast and not making as many errors and 10 of the 15 heats tonight were won by riders who are world class and rarely get passed. Another issue must be the long dry spell which has made track preparation everywhere quite difficult, especially when it's been as hot as it has.

The racing has been ok at Owlerton this year. Not brilliant, but entertaining enough.

Any sporting occasion can be boring. It's the nature of sport.

But it's not quite as boring as some of the f**kwits who seem to make up a large proportion of the posters on this site that can't wait to decry speedway at every opportunity. 

Exactly this but don’t waste your time trying to convince people who don’t even go to meetings but know everything about the meeting. Most meetings are from the gate now because the tracks are still stuck in the 70s and the engines are too fast. Watching a meeting on tv is different to been trackside. Half the time the camera angle is poor. Don’t know what it showed on tv last night but obviously Jason Doyle fan missed both overtakes on Tobi and Adam taking them both out wide on seperate bends   Emil was total class last night shame he’s not in the Borefest GP 

14 minutes ago, RideHard said:

Sayfutdinov best rider in league absolute class act, Holder and Musielak no answer to him. 

racing at Owlerton has been decent this year, like previously said certain riders who are world class will trap and be gone that’s just this league. Why do certain posters on here have such a bad opinion of Jack Holder? He’s a fair rider on track and seems to be mates with everyone in the pits

I like holder myself, but a little bit of acknowledgement wouldnt go amiss. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Danyon held Doyle up for 3 laps before Doyle got past and made up ground on musielak. Not the first time young Danyon has impeded his team mate. But hasn’t perfected that art as well as Danny king has ! 

Actually looked like Doyle realised he wasn’t going to catch Tobi, so tootled around in third until the last bend when he decided that he wanted 2 points rather than 1 paid 2 on his score card

10 hours ago, CountArthur said:

But it's not quite as boring as some of the f**kwits who seem to make up a large proportion of the posters on this site that can't wait to decry speedway at every opportunity. 

You have an unnecessary o in your username....

;):P

• Haha 4

I don't think Danyon has much control over where he is going and doesn't go in the same place very often,, so Doyle was probably very apprehensive of passing him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

I don't think Danyon has much control over where he is going and doesn't go in the same place very often,, so Doyle was probably very apprehensive of passing him

But did everything he could to pass his team mate on the last bend to rob him of a point, point is he didn't need to do it

• Like 2

Doyle wast gonna get passed Tobi in Ht1, it’s the kerb line or nothing early doors, should have sat behind and protected Hulme, being on a guarantee it’s not like he needed the extra £ by passing Hulme on 4th bend of last lap. The strop in the pits afterwards was quite funny though 

3 hours ago, The Third Man said:

But did everything he could to pass his team mate on the last bend to rob him of a point, point is he didn't need to do it

I think he was annoyed that Hume got in his way, particularly in the first lap (Hume never looked around), so wanted to prove his point on the final bends.

3 hours ago, The Third Man said:

It was a 3-3 so Hume got 1* instead of 2 - in the old days that was paid the same was it not? Regardless Danyon has on occasion this year baulked his own team mates who might have done a better job at overtaking the opposition.

Wasn't at the meeting - people saying trap 2 was bobbins first five heats 0 points - always used to be gate 3 years back. I do think Owlerton would benefit (if possible) from some track widening - do they still use the pitch in the centre? I played football on there probably about 15 years go now maybe longer

Bellego been terrible but Ellis also has been rubbish most of the season - Sheff should look at replacing both of them if they want to go for the title.