British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v OXFORD (Championship) Saturday 17th - 7pm

Erik Riss guests tomorrow night

Excellent guest!! 

Home win.

Riss makes the difference as he is a genuine No1 in this Berwick team.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Normski said:

Erik Riss guests tomorrow night

Hope he scores more tomorrow night than the night 

I'm sure Olching will be delighted that Riss has chosen Berwick over his own team in Germany.

Edited by arnieg

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Why is Erik Riss an excellent guest? He’s struggling massively. Surely Wright or Lawson would of been better.

Because when it was announced his last match was 13 points against Berwick

Edited by szkocjasid

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Because when it was announced his last match was 13 points against Berwick

Which was his only match in months, and commented saying he still wasn’t fit and felt dizzy. 

10 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Why is Erik Riss an excellent guest? He’s struggling massively. Surely Wright or Lawson would of been better.

Would they have fitted average wise with what we have available? And were they available in the first place? How do we know who was and wasn't asked? 

Edited by Bandits4eva

22 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Would they have fitted average wise with what we have available? And were they available in the first place? How do we know who was and wasn't asked? 

Wright, Lawson , Worrall brothers were all eligible average wise to replace Rory if they were available 

Edited by Normski
  • Like 1

Just now, Normski said:

Wright, Lawrence, Worrall brothers were all eligible average wise to replace Rory if they were available 

That's fair enough average wise... But people moaning that we've went for Riss.... Do we know if the others were asked? 

If we knew for fact that they weren't then there may be something to moan about.... Before last night's score from him though, people would've been jumping cock-a-hoop for us getting Riss as a guest... His Shielfield record is impeccable!! 

And before anyone says I'm a happy clappy chappy who agrees with all the promotion do, I certainly ain't! I profess that I ain't enjoying it as much this year... Maybe having Bomber last year and knowing you'd have a chance in the big heats spoilt us.... but they're still my team and I'm aware that if we don't use it then we lose it!! 

All we can do is watch and see now what happens on track tonight!! 

So I think Riss is an excellent choice of guest, his record around Berwick tells you that. If he continues that form Berwick should have enough to win. 

• Like 1