British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Redcar Bears Vs Poole Pirates Championship 16th June

Just caught it on BSN and what a great meeting. Can’t understand why Worrall only had 4 rides and Roynon 4. Kyle under used. Havvy what’s going on? 

The tension was palpable and heat 15 blew a fuse. Looked like Wright gave Worrall no room on the last bend and was looking for it. Ref fell for it and justice done in a very exciting super heat. 

Great advert for the sport. No real losers tonight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just caught it on BSN and what a great meeting. Can’t understand why Worrall only had 4 rides and Roynon 4. Kyle under used. Havvy what’s going on? 

The tension was palpable and heat 15 blew a fuse. Looked like Wright gave Worrall no room on the last bend and was looking for it. Ref fell for it and justice done in a very exciting super heat. 

Worrall touched the tapes in one ride, so only got 4 rides. Newman only scored 3 points from 5 rides, was he really under used?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Thought it was a mistake to take Edwards out of Ht 14. Deserved win for Poole though they just hung in there and are always going to be a handful in 13 & 15 for any Team.Great ride from Lawson in Superheat.

10 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Disagree. Edwards has been a big disappointment this season whilst Mulford was going well. 

I'm confused according to the updates Edwards was in heat 14?

Although based on his score perhaps Mulford should have taken one of Edwards earlier rides?

31 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm confused according to the updates Edwards was in heat 14?

Although based on his score perhaps Mulford should have taken one of Edwards earlier rides?

Replaced by Mulford

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

True, especially as Redcar still get a point for their part played in this epic.

Someone posted before the meeting that they couldn't get up for a meeting where both teams seem destined for the play offs.

Maybe that person will now review that opinion if they have witnessed the drama played out before us.

Just to add, if I dare, Erik Riss certainly didn't look right but only he will know.

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Worrall touched the tapes in one ride, so only got 4 rides. Newman only scored 3 points from 5 rides, was he really under used?

Thanks I missed that as watching the meeting relay on a bit fast forward as it was late.  

3 hours ago, lbw said:

True, especially as Redcar still get a point for their part played in this epic.

Someone posted before the meeting that they couldn't get up for a meeting where both teams seem destined for the play offs.

Maybe that person will now review that opinion if they have witnessed the drama played out before us.

Just to add, if I dare, Erik Riss certainly didn't look right but only he will know.

Hmm, wonder why that is? :blink: Ironically if Redcar had a guest they probably would have won.

Oh well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

So Bailey was in heat 14 not Edwards?

Bailey and Mulford in Ht 14.Mulford replaced Edwards.

Edited by Fromafar

28 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Bailey and Mulford in Ht 14.Mulford replaced Edwards.

Just noticed updates had Mulford 2nd, Edwards 4th. But official score sheet has Bailey 2nd, Mulford 4th in heat 14. Explains why I was confused by earlier comments.

• Like 1

First ever visit to Redcar last night. Fantastic track and fans, very welcoming. Good meeting. Only question I had was heat 14 not having Kyle in for Adam. Kyles previous ride showed he was on the pace and got the set up. Thank fully though Adam took the 1 point. Prep probably not great for Adam who arrived at the track a lot later than the rest of the team who were already out on the track walk.

Great win for the pirates. Special mention to Lawson who was brilliant all night. 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

First ever visit to Redcar last night. Fantastic track and fans, very welcoming. Good meeting. Only question I had was heat 14 not having Kyle in for Adam. Kyles previous ride showed he was on the pace and got the set up. Thank fully though Adam took the 1 point. Prep probably not great for Adam who arrived at the track a lot later than the rest of the team who were already out on the track walk.

Great win for the  pirates 

I'm not sure wot u technically call this?

Officially a draw with a an away draw win or just a win? 

Either way we got 2 points so I'm not bothered! :D

Edited by lbw

Total blockbuster of a meeting where both teams traded blow after blow....it was like something out of a rocky movie at times lol

Some of the racing was brutal and not for the faint of hearts. 

After calming down (I'm a redcar fan) I saw heat 15 as charles tried to shut the door on stevie knowing he couldn't get to lawson and as somebody said maybe looked for the off....

It worked anyway and we got lucky and the ref seen it as Worrall at fault...could have gone either way.

Charles sensational for the bears with danyon hume having a rock solid meeting at number two and jake mulford riding the wheels off his bike in every race....Danny King had a absolute shocker of a meeting with two heat wins, three lasts and a tapes exclusion. Erik clearly nowhere near fit and struggling.

For Poole lawson was outstanding backed up by Worrall and Ben Cook. Zack Cook and Kyle Newman battling for every point....

Still don't know how we lost that...

Superb speedway meeting tho !!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmm, wonder why that is? :blink: Ironically if Redcar had a guest they probably would have won.

Oh well. 

Probably?, but last time they had Kerr as a guest and we won 52-38 ..........so probably not! :D

Erik on his Facebook today blaming his bikes, not his illness, for the performance. 

“A terrible night for myself, I was giving it everything out on track but simply couldn’t get out of the starts and struggled to find any speed in my bike tonight.

Sorry to the Redcar promotion and the fans for my performance.”

Certainly no need to apologise.

• Like 1