British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Redcar Bears Vs Poole Pirates Championship 16th June

Making my way up to Teeside on Friday with a early start taking in the North Yorkshire moors and Whitby on route to the South- Tees motor sport park. 

Redcar will be a tough meeting for the Pirates on Friday. Revenge will definitely be on thier minds after loosing at home in the second leg of the knockout cup recently. 

The individual battles, between heat-leaders, second strings and reserves should ensure  some great racing.

Hoping for a Pirates win but it will be tough to come away with a victory.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

Making my way up to Teeside on Friday with a early start taking in the North Yorkshire moors and Whitby on route to the South- Tees motor sport park. 

Redcar will be a tough meeting for the Pirates on Friday. Revenge will definitely be on thier minds after loosing at home in the second leg of the knockout cup recently. 

The individual battles, between heat-leaders, second strings and reserves should ensure  some great racing.

Thoughts?

I will be heading up to Redcar as well to cheer on the Pirates to the win.

Going to be an extremely tough meeting especially now as the Bears have Erik Riss back in the team so it probably won't be as comfortable as the previous unexpected 52'38 win!

I think the new averages are in force as well?? If so I understand Kyle Newman goes to number 2 and Anders Rowe goes to number 6?? Not sure but I'm sure others will confirm on here.

Either way the boyzzz have the inner strength to fight all the way to the end as we have already proven this season that you never write off the Pirates during a meeting. This is gonna be a thriller.

As Shaleshifter says there will be some real battles going on and expect all points to be hotly contested by both teams.

Big Ben, small things make big thigs happen!!!!

C'mon the Boyzzzz! :party:

Let's Havvy :t: 

Edited by lbw

5 hours ago, lbw said:

I will be heading up to Redcar as well to cheer on the Pirates to the win.

Going to be an extremely tough meeting especially now as the Bears have Erik Riss back in the team so it probably won't be as comfortable as the previous unexpected 52'38 win!

I think the new averages are in force as well?? If so I understand Kyle Newman goes to number 2 and Anders Rowe goes to number 6?? Not sure but I'm sure others will confirm on here.

Either way the boyzzz have the inner strength to fight all the way to the end as we have already proven this season that you never write off the Pirates during a meeting. This is gonna be a thriller.

As Shaleshifter says there will be some real battles going on and expect all points to be hotly contested by both teams.

Big Ben, small things make big thigs happen!!!!

C'mon the Boyzzzz! :party:

Let's Havvy :t: 

What new averages? Only league meetings change the averages. The next changes should be effective July 1st after 23rd June cut off.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Poole favourites again for me, a team of 5 ex Bears and the other 2 members of the team are the Cook brothers who both love the track. Big winners on their last 3 visits so won’t be short on confidence.

Meeting will be decided by the second strings and reserves, Pooles bottom 3 (r/r for Rowe last time) heavily outscored the Bears bottom 4 and if that happens again it will be a similar result. Bears were outgated last time around too and need to give themselves a chance this time.

Having Riss back should help and hopefully a good meeting for BSN.

Oh and it’s Teesside btw ( there is no River Tee - I’d insert a winky emoji but my phone won’t let me)

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 2

Anders Rowe will be a big difference , he is very good at STMP, our tail is too inconsistent.

37 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Anders Rowe will be a big difference , he is very good at STMP, our tail is too inconsistent.

Anders, a long way off the best gater, in the championship, but should be very good from the back. Especially against our tail.

23 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Anders, a long way off the best gater, in the championship, but should be very good from the back. Especially against our tail.

Good point really - Poole are probably stronger this time around with Rowe back and been riding well.

Edwards has found it difficult at 4 but Bailey and Mulford have improved recently and will need to contribute against their opposite numbers. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Good point really - Poole are probably stronger this time around with Rowe back and been riding well.

Edwards has found it difficult at 4 but Bailey and Mulford have improved recently and will need to contribute against their opposite numbers. 

The bottom line is, all their team, love racing at Redcar.

16 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

The bottom line is, all their team, love racing at Redcar.

Not sure you can say that for all of our riders yet!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Not sure you can say that for all of our riders yet!

Lawson still isn't fully fit so this will be tight!

14 hours ago, Shaleshifter said:

Thoughts?

It was the Mickey Mouse cup not the KOC.

19 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

It was the Mickey Mouse cup not the KOC.

Dont speak to soon "Bellers". If we can see off Scunny in the semi its Poole again in the KO Cup Final. Seem to be seeing a lot of these 2 teams this season......

• Haha 1

If there was no play-offs I'd be mega excited for this match, as it would have a massive effect on the title race. However as both teams are 99.999% guaranteed to be in the play-offs I'm finding it hard to get excited for it. Obviously if I was going to watch I'd be different, wanting to see good racing etc.

Honestly find matches involving Berwick, Birmingham, Edinburgh & Plymouth most interesting as one of the four must make the play-offs.

4 hours ago, ThinBlueWitch said:

Seems like Erik is still really struggling with his health which is a worry. Hopefully he is on the mend soon and hasn’t rushed back too quick  https://www.erikriss.com/2023/06/14/issue-8-back-in-business/?fbclid=IwAR24EZtnuySq-ntpYZmtrRuwgQWYyev2_mZdwDOaUcH7QKsudxxqiM9Hxno_aem_th_AdfaEgqqjrwomXbZ3cZ26ij3vgr_C0a-5lBieD_HhETLESUxwXytRBq8GcwA0vGZsJg

Saw this on the Ipswich thread. If Erik still has blurred vision should he really be riding? You wouldn't be allowed to drive on the road like that. 

• Like 3