British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eide67

Edinburgh Monarchs Academy v Leicester Lion Cubs 17-Jun-23 at 7pm NDL

Edinburgh Stellar Monarchs Academy: 1. Max Clegg 11.87 I 2. Mark Parker 3.00 I 3. Adam Roynan 9.41 I 4. R/R for Alex Spooner 5.07 I 5. Danny Phillips (Guest for Jacob Hook 7.80) 6. Dayle Wood 3.00 I 7.Kyran Lyden 3.00 8(AR). Mickie Simpson 3.00   Team Manager Scott Wilson

LeicesterLion Cubs: 1. Dan Thompson 9.73 2. Ashton Boughen 6.53 3. Max Perry 7.50 4. R/R for Tom Spencer 5.33 I 5. Joe Thompson 8.67 6. Owen Booth (Guest for Vinnie Foord 3.85) 7. Max James 4.21   Team Manager Dave Howard

A different day - Saturday - and an earlier time - 7pm - this week for the Academy. Lots of interest in this one against the exciting young Lion Cubs team. Max Clegg returns to Armadale, complete newcomer Mark Parker rides at #2, Bullets' Danny Phillips guests for Jacob Hook who's riding for Bandits, Kyran Lyden returns from injury and temporarily dropped Mickie Simpson returns immediately as an AR (#8) so could get 7 rides.

Teams from Preview Show - https://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/emtv/watch/cp3deiI7X

Should have Roynon at 5 imo. Good enough to win heat 13! Certainly expect Simpson to get at least 2 rides.

Edited by szkocjasid

I thought when you have 3 x 3.00 riders its then a BSPL decision who rides where (usually the rider with most experience/previous higher average). Whilst there might not be much to split between Wood & Lyden theres no way Parker should be in the 1-5 .......completely seperate from whether he should be in the 1-7

• Like 1

Also Boughen in the line up suggests no ban......love it when there are soooo many over complicated rules and none of them are enforced

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I thought when you have 3 x 3.00 riders its then a BSPL decision who rides where (usually the rider with most experience/previous higher average). Whilst there might not be much to split between Wood & Lyden theres no way Parker should be in the 1-5 .......completely seperate from whether he should be in the 1-7

Upto the club who they put where. Parker is a sacrificial lamb in this scenario and he knows it, very much in at the deep end but he will give it a go.

Lyden coming back from ‘injury’ might be suspect but Booth is not ready for NDL either so be interesting as to who stops on and picks up some points. Championship riders up against second halfers/ amateurs , not a good idea but what choice is there ?

Edited by Fortythirtyeight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Also Boughen in the line up suggests no ban......love it when there are soooo many over complicated rules and none of them are enforced

So the dad is ill card works, well apart from club getting a fine but the rider gets no punishment. Interesting to see what happens when another rider withholds services 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Upto the club who they put where. Parker is a sacrificial lamb in this scenario and he knows it, very much in at the deep end but he will give it a go.

Lyden coming back from ‘injury’ might be suspect but Booth is not ready for NDL either so be interesting as to who stops on and picks up some points. Championship riders up against second halfers/ amateurs , not a good idea but what choice is there ?

Thanks found it. Obviously none have gone above 3.00 so Parker gets the rough deal. Hopefully his guarantee for the next couple of matches is worth it.

In any declaration where 2 or more riders hold an identical MA (cannot be

determined by a 3rd or more decimal point) then the re-declaration must

nominate the hierarchical order.

Where riders have a previous MA, then the higher placed rider from the

previous issue shall retain the higher position.

56 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Douglas finished last season on 3.45 so not eligible to guest for a missing 6or7.....

That's a shame could have been the only Scottish rider in the meeting

1 hour ago, eide67 said:

Edinburgh website now got Kieron Douglas at #6 for Leicester and not Owen Booth.

https://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2023-06-15/champs-here-on-saturday-evening

It’s now showing as Booth. Unless Leicester’s intention is/was to sign Douglas as an injury replacement for Foord. 

This should be a comfortable away win. Clegg & Roynon will do very well but the Thompson twins are an admirable match. However James and Cubs’ second strings should have a field day against the Academy’s bottom end. 

3 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

It’s now showing as Booth. Unless Leicester’s intention is/was to sign Douglas as an injury replacement for Foord. 

This should be a comfortable away win. Clegg & Roynon will do very well but the Thompson twins are an admirable match. However James and Cubs’ second strings should have a field day against the Academy’s bottom end. 

Yes, back to showing Owen Booth on Edinburgh website.

Agree Leicester are favourites but I think this will be pretty close.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mc131 said:

So the dad is ill card works, well apart from club getting a fine but the rider gets no punishment. Interesting to see what happens when another rider withholds services 

The rider was also fined.  The same amount as the club.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

The rider was also fined.  The same amount as the club.

Would have been nice if the SCB published that info on their site. They were happy to document the Kerr / Basso incident but not this one. Now the incredible sulk has 28 days to not pay it whilst still riding and then get the club to pay it anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1