British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -V- Peterborough

absolute joke when Jenkins broke down, he dragged his bike off the track, and he and his 1 mechanic had to lift his bike back to pits, one of track staff helped, never see that happen in Poland. 

People moan about Rambo, but he is much better than Hans, who is still in the team because he was a good rider many years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeW436 said:

Basso seems to have spent most the year sulking 

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

Basso is absolutely brilliance in every meeting I've seen of him. He appears to be slowing down a little this season, but still... If the Diamonds still existed and we signed him I would be absolutely delighted, even when he's not scoring points he's entertainment all in one. I'm not sure however how much further he's going to progress in the sport, with his riding style and slowing a little this year (although that could just be because he''s in an awful team environment?)

Is that because his hand was kinda forced into riding Prem, when initially he wasn't going to? He is doing really well for Glasgow. He should be getting 7+ a meeting in the Prem imo.

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Is that because his hand was kinda forced into riding Prem, when initially he wasn't going to? He is doing really well for Glasgow. He should be getting 7+ a meeting in the Prem imo.

Or is the better question forced to ride in Prem for a club he didn't want to?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I think he was a victim of the empty promises from the second hand care dealer like a few on here and is understandably annoyed. A couple of riders like Ben Cook and Jordan Jenkins have got on with it to be fair, but this is the second year now Basso is riding in a crap team and environment.

• Like 2

I actually thought Peterborough rode better than 35 points. Your riders were passed last lap a few times but you didn’t make it easy for us. 

that was an exceptional debut from Tarasenko. 

regarding Hans, as a kid growing up Hans was one of the top guys. In my all time top 5 riders. Loved him when I was a teenager, idolised him really, even 7 years ago when NSS opened hans was always a Thorn in our side and scored well but to see him how he was last night was heartbreaking, gut wrenching, embarrassing. For me he was the last of my childhood heroes dieing. End of an era. 

Edited by Phil The Ace

Hans and Worrall have to go and all of a sudden we could win some meetings 

4 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Have you got anyone in mind who you want in the team? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Flappy said:

You're unlikely to see any changes Flappy unless your boy MT starts pulling out his sizeable wedge. Buster was playing on the heartstrings last night how woeful the financial situation is at KL and we currently have 2 holes in our team. So, you guys with a "full" I use that word loosely 1-7 now have got no chance in making unnecessary signings 

3 hours ago, StarBoy said:

You're unlikely to see any changes Flappy unless your boy MT starts pulling out his sizeable wedge. Buster was playing on the heartstrings last night how woeful the financial situation is at KL and we currently have 2 holes in our team. So, you guys with a "full" I use that word loosely 1-7 now have got no chance in making unnecessary signings 

Well up till last week attendances we’re holding up well at Peterborough, but the next home v Belle Vue will be a real tester as it’s on Eurosport.

It could very well be two financial situations soon, but Panthers attendances will have to seriously drop to get to the dreadful level I have seen at Lynn 3 times this year.

1 minute ago, bigcatdiary said:

Well up till last week attendances we’re holding up well at Peterborough, but the next home v Belle Vue will be a real tester as it’s on Eurosport.

It could very well be two financial situations soon, but Panthers attendances will have to seriously drop to get to the dreadful level I have seen at Lynn 3 times this year.

The problem with Lynn is you're in a league against teams (towns/cities) with a much higher population who directly or indirectly have a much larger audience as a potential fan base. 

Belle Vue (Manchester) - 552k / urban 2.7m

Ipswich - 133k / urban 639k

King's Lynn - 47k / West Norfolk 153k

Leicester - 368k / metro 836k

Peterborough - 220k / no information available for urban/metro

Wolves (Wolverhampton) - 263k / Birmingham metro 4.3m

Just makes sense that crowd levels are significantly lower than other teams competing in the league. We have a population similar to teams in the championship, so realistically based on crowd numbers that should be our level.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

I actually thought Peterborough rode better than 35 points. Your riders were passed last lap a few times but you didn’t make it easy for us. 

that was an exceptional debut from Tarasenko. 

regarding Hans, as a kid growing up Hans was one of the top guys. In my all time top 5 riders. Loved him when I was a teenager, idolised him really, even 7 years ago when NSS opened hans was always a Thorn in our side and scored well but to see him how he was last night was heartbreaking, gut wrenching, embarrassing. For me he was the last of my childhood heroes dieing. End of an era. 

I think Hans has never fully recovered from that awful crash at NSS in the play-offs. He should have retired then, as a crash like that with the head taking all of it must take a couple of years to get over. I'm no doctor, but was told this by an ex-rider who had the same problems. 

He has been a fantastic servant to all his clubs and it is not easy to see him riding like he is

17 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Basso is absolutely brilliance in every meeting I've seen of him. He appears to be slowing down a little this season, but still... If the Diamonds still existed and we signed him I would be absolutely delighted, even when he's not scoring points he's entertainment all in one. I'm not sure however how much further he's going to progress in the sport, with his riding style and slowing a little this year (although that could just be because he''s in an awful team environment?)

Basso is phenomenal at Glasgow, not a gater but exciting when he still manages to make some majestic manoeuvres to get to the front, earning cult status at Glasgow

2 hours ago, StarBoy said:

The problem with Lynn is you're in a league against teams (towns/cities) with a much higher population who directly or indirectly have a much larger audience as a potential fan base. 

Belle Vue (Manchester) - 552k / urban 2.7m

Ipswich - 133k / urban 639k

King's Lynn - 47k / West Norfolk 153k

Leicester - 368k / metro 836k

Peterborough - 220k / no information available for urban/metro

Wolves (Wolverhampton) - 263k / Birmingham metro 4.3m

Just makes sense that crowd levels are significantly lower than other teams competing in the league. We have a population similar to teams in the championship, so realistically based on crowd numbers that should be our level.

Someone who gets it..

You have an organic natural place in the grand order of things..

So dont try and be something you are not...

Promoter Egos are a significant part of UK Speedways problems I would suggest...

I would think that Poole and Glasgow could compete with BV, Wolves, Sheffield, Leicester, Ipswich, and maybe Peterborough, crowd level wise..

For the rest, go Championship (8 teams), and the rest go NDL...

The biggest pond is hardly an ocean so be a big fish in the one your crowds suggest you need to be in..

Amazes me why those who constantly struggle to compete, try and remain at a level they clearly are not at...