British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Scunthorpe Ch 7.30pm Friday 23 June 2023

This should be a cracker with Benjamin, Bomber and Ryan Douglas all flying at the moment. Could come down to the reserves. After some of the recent 'weather forecasts' for Ashfield not to mention the torrential rain at Hampden last night - great victory for Scotland - all eyes will be on the weather forecast and perhaps one will be accurate.

Edited by SharpenRake

Scunny can you use a Poole rider as a guest please? Could do with the practice ahead of next week! 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Scunny can you use a Poole rider as a guest please? Could do with the practice ahead of next week! 

Would it be a cook? No sure on mpts average. Godfrey has a habit of booking odd guests at times in the past (broc at number 1 a few times couple years ago I seem to remember). Bit of a jaunt for a guest booking too, look at issued the enemy had getting anyone last week 

Is this meeting streamed or  the internet still not reached such northern outposts?:wink:

1 minute ago, montie said:

Is this meeting streamed or  the internet still not reached such northern outposts?:wink:

We did stream a couple of years ago but cost a fortune as they had to pay for the production, Edinburgh have in house volunteers doing it, if we could get volunteers to do it we would.

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Would it be a cook? No sure on mpts average. Godfrey has a habit of booking odd guests at times in the past (broc at number 1 a few times couple years ago I seem to remember). Bit of a jaunt for a guest booking too, look at issued the enemy had getting anyone last week 

R/R might be better option for Scunny. But looking at teams not riding, Ben Cook is best option. MPT average quite low for him! 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

R/R might be better option for Scunny. But looking at teams not riding, Ben Cook is best option. MPT average quite low for him! 

No sure. Allen, kemp, Lambert and the reserves have patchy ashfield records at best 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

I asked that same question on the Poole thread at the weekend & although there are quite a few Poole posters on other threads, I got no reply! :angry:

12 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I asked that same question on the Poole thread at the weekend & although there are quite a few Poole posters on other threads, I got no reply! :angry:

The 8-day rule only applies to guest appearances, not appearances for your own team, so a Poole rider could guest for Scunthorpe this Friday then ride for Poole next Friday.

3 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The 8-day rule only applies to guest appearances, not appearances for your own team, so a Poole rider could guest for Scunthorpe this Friday then ride for Poole next Friday.

I looked at averages & fixtures & noticed Poole were there the following Friday so asked the question, mainly for 1 of the Cook brothers to guest.

Just now, IronScorpion said:

I looked at averages & fixtures & noticed Poole were there the following Friday so asked the question, mainly for 1 of the Cook brothers to guest.

That would be fine. A long trek for Ben from Ipswich tonight ......

1 minute ago, NeilWatson said:

That would be fine. A long trek for Ben from Ipswich tonight ......

Closer than his base at Middleditch's (I think they are based there).

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Oh lol. I didn't get that is what you meant. I thought you meant an actual practice session lol. 

• Haha 1