British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Peterborough v Belle Vue Monday June 26th live on Eurosport

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

Given that we haven't seen the AEPG planning application, Peterborough developments are hitting snags and the local plan is going for an early review/consultation (in which they could probably lose LP30 after agreement/negotiation) which will take a few years then I wouldn't put money on the proposed closure.

Its obviously very possible that another year or even two could be salvaged from the situation

But if its to be a continuation of another year of the utter circus shambles call it what you like thats being played out so far this season is it really worth the hassle anymore , 

16 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Its obviously very possible that another year or even two could be salvaged from the situation

But if its to be a continuation of another year of the utter circus shambles call it what you like that's being played out so far this season is it really worth the hassle anymore , 

Don't know whether I agreed that before with you or somebody else? That is the conundrum isn't it? There is no future under the current ownership irrespective of how things play out at the EoES. I doubt that a 2024 season would be received with the same enthusiasm as it was when Chapman announced that he'd secured a 2023.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

But if its to be a continuation of another year of the utter circus shambles call it what you like thats being played out so far this season is it really worth the hassle anymore , 

I'd be shocked if Buster is there after this season. So if you carry on, it looks like you will need a knight in shinning armour. Same as Lynn.

Edited by Bald Bloke

32 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Don't know whether I agreed that before with you or somebody else? That is the conundrum isn't it? There is no future under the current ownership irrespective of how things play out at the EoES. I doubt that a 2024 season would be received with the same enthusiasm as it was when Chapman announced that he'd secured a 2023.

Everyone has there opinion of Tomalin but until hes had his go in the hot seat of ownership no ones got the right to judge him fully, said prior to this season starting hes a better candidate to take the fight forward for speedway to continue in Peterborough  Chapman's just not that person and in any case now hes got far more issues at Lynn to muddle though he wont have the time to put a case forward for the survival of Peterborough,  even if theres more years agreed he has to sell Peterborough now for everyones sake including his own.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Everyone has there opinion of Tomalin but until hes had his go in the hot seat of ownership no ones got the right to judge him fully, said prior to this season starting hes a better candidate to take the fight forward for speedway to continue in Peterborough  Chapman's just not that person and in any case now hes got far more issues at Lynn to muddle though he wont have the time to put a case forward for the survival of Peterborough,  even if theres more years agreed he has to sell Peterborough now for everyones sake including his own.

Well Chris replied to one of my posts today with this...

"You've completely embarrassed yourself on here over the last few months chasing round posts about Chapman. Pathetic and you've now got egg all over your face.

"What I've been told by my sources is correct" haha "

So i'm presuming he will be along to finally put the situation to bed. As he clearly knows the truth behind it all. I'm  genuinely looking forward to it, right or wrong. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

If Andersen, Cook, Worrall, Basso, Iversen and Jenkins can bag 35 between then like last time and Vadim gets the 12 he scored against us at the NSS then it might not be as cut and dried as people are thinking. Since then they’ve only won and suffered a narrow defeat at home and that due to IRR for Basso. I think we’ll get the bonus 

*apologies to the forum for using factual past performance data as an indicator towards expected performance. 

I’ve been umming and ahhing whether to go to this all day but at £22 and the current shambles top to bottom I can’t bring myself to go 

17 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

I’ve been umming and ahhing whether to go to this all day but at £22 and the current shambles top to bottom I can’t bring myself to go 

Come on.

It's all Mickey Mouse bollox granted, but you have a young lad making his debut who looks very useful and Bewley and Kurtz there...

Could be some cracking racing...

I presume that given it is on Eurosport they have reduced the admission to a tenner to get a big crowd in and make it look like a popular place to be and a successful sport...?

With two free hours of advertising to showcase yourself, you would be daft not to wouldnt you? 

Maybe ask the new fella how is Uncle is bearing up as well?:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

YOU WILL MISS ALL THE PASSING IF YOU WATCH ON EUROSPORT.:drink:

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Come on.

It's all Mickey Mouse bollox granted, but you have a young lad making his debut who looks very useful and Bewley and Kurtz there...

Could be some cracking racing...

I presume that given it is on Eurosport they have reduced the admission to a tenner to get a big crowd in and make it look like a popular place to be and a successful sport...?

With two free hours of advertising to showcase yourself, you would be daft not to wouldnt you? 

Maybe ask the new fella how is Uncle is bearing up as well?:D

As tempting as that is the £22 is staying in my pocket tonight 

6 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

As tempting as that is the £22 is staying in my pocket tonight 

Not a tenner then. ..?

Presume you had to pre book to get in the Grandstand.there will be some many there.. .?:D

2 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Have to laugh at people who think the Panthers are going to roll over.

Tarasenko is an Ekstraliga heat leader. 

Can't be...

He is only on a five average isn't he?

Rules are Rules. ..:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeW436 said:

you after Tatum's job forgot to put quote in.

• Haha 1