British Speedway Forum
Fozzie4388

Wolves vs Kings Lynn

4 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Nick Morris aside that was pretty bad wasn't it! No-one likes to see those kind of results, even Wolves fans as it would have been pretty dull I reckon.

did look to be some decent racing though, from what I saw on Eurosport, if you watched it as pure Speedway and took away any context of "teams" competing against each other it didn't look so bad

Harris was an awful guest. Think he should lose his 'good at Monmore' tag! :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

Lagutagate is a perfect example of this, if and I stress the word IF (the source(s) reporting this are generally right with stuff), the news that he's been signed by a "promoter" and isn't riding the "small" tracks" smacks of complete self interest. Yes, great for your home crowd but you have to have a team to ride against and if you're effecting other clubs crowds by agreeing to such a deal you're doing the sport no good as a whole... these clubs should effectively be working as a co-op.

Is it any surprise that the 2 clubs in a mess this season are (were) run by an estate agent and a used car salesman... tells you all you need to know.

They often talk of "working together", but seldom seem to do so..

As you say "Speedway Co-op" has to be the way forward...

With one independent head of it to be the final arbiter of what is a fit for purpose operating model..

They have a unique product which can give fantastic entertainment, yet seem to want to commit 'Hara Kiri' in the way they run it...

Truly baffling....

Edit :

Even more baffling is that not one single promoter ever comes out and says "Do you know what, this isnt right, and we cannot ever hope to succeed doing the same thing"..

Not even the more progressive ones like Louis and Lemon...

Meaning that they must all be happy I presume.. 

Edited by mikebv

17 minutes ago, iainb said:

did look to be some decent racing though, from what I saw on Eurosport, if you watched it as pure Speedway and took away any context of "teams" competing against each other it didn't look so bad

You can yes, I haven't seen any of the races apart from about 1-2 that were shown on TV during the Panthers BV meeting, however the repetitive nature of the the results will negate the fact for me one or two home riders came from the back to win races each time. At. least they picked the right match for the TV coverage last night.

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GeneralMelchett said:

You can yes, I haven't seen any of the races apart from about 1-2 that were shown on TV during the Panthers BV meeting, however the repetitive nature of the the results will negate the fact for me one or two home riders came from the back to win races each time. At. least they picked the right match for the TV coverage last night.

Oh as a team match it was total garbage... but as pure speedway, didn't look to be too bad :)

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2023 at 4:19 PM, chun said:

away win

Don't get doing the lottery this weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mikebv said:

With one independent head of it to be the final arbiter of what is a fit for purpose operating model..

They have a unique product which can give fantastic entertainment, yet seem to want to commit 'Hara Kiri' in the way they run it...

Truly baffling....

Edit :

Even more baffling is that not one single promoter ever comes out and says "Do you know what, this isnt right, and we cannot ever hope to succeed doing the same thing"..

Isle of white promotion team?

38 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Truly baffling....

Edit :

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Truly baffling....

Edit :

When we have had new blood come into the ranks of the promoters with new ideas to take the sport forward they soon realise they are banging their heads against a brick wall. Coincidence that the Isle of Wight opted out and are putting on events that the public are praising and embracing?

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 4

What an absolute disgrace Kings Lynn and Buster Chapman are.

Laguta listed as injured on the weekend and a guest swiftly sorted out then he goes and rides on Sunday in Poland? Pathetic.

The sport is in a dire mess and Chapman being allowed to behave how he is, fielding under strength teams week in week out at both of his clubs, is disgusting.

The quicker he f***s off out the sport, the better.

I think it is time that the sport had a major shake up and reformatting. Its in a dire , dire state with complete w**kers in power. Phil Morris never took any nonsense in his riding days so hopefully he has a similar attitude towards British Speedway.

• Like 8

Will Kings Lynn be fined for fielding an under strength team based on real PL averages of riders used plus their RS. Lambert's average is converted but is almost the same as his last real average in 2019.

Leicester were the other week in the NDL.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Troy said:

Was Anders Rowe a doubt too then, as he wasn't in the printed programme tonight? 

Absolutely no idea 

On 6/27/2023 at 11:14 AM, Pinny said:

What an absolute disgrace Kings Lynn and Buster Chapman are.

Laguta listed as injured on the weekend and a guest swiftly sorted out then he goes and rides on Sunday in Poland? Pathetic.

The sport is in a dire mess and Chapman being allowed to behave how he is, fielding under strength teams week in week out at both of his clubs, is disgusting.

The quicker he f***s off out the sport, the better.

I think it is time that the sport had a major shake up and reformatting. Its in a dire , dire state with complete w**kers in power. Phil Morris never took any nonsense in his riding days so hopefully he has a similar attitude towards British Speedway.

Without Keith Chapman Stars would have closed.

is that what you want?

no-one else to pay the bills.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 7:34 PM, FromBendThree said:

Without Keith Chapman Stars would have closed.

is that what you want?

no-one else to pay the bills.

That’s not the point.  The point is that the SCB and BSPA/L continue to be disingenuous, and clearly don’t care. Anyone would think it was Sunak in charge - or perhaps he’s been inspired by the BSPA/L operating model?!

3 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

That’s not the point.  The point is that the SCB and BSPA/L continue to be disingenuous, and clearly don’t care. Anyone would think it was Sunak in charge - or perhaps he’s been inspired by the BSPA/L operating model?!

So, you would rather have no speedway to watch. I take opposite view and just enjoy the racing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FromBendThree said:

So, you would rather have no speedway to watch. I take opposite view and just enjoy the racing. 

It’s the happy clapper “any speedway is better than no speedway” who will be clapping and saying that when their track disappears, and they wonder why …