British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole. BSN Series Final 1st Leg 30/6/23

I really can't see this happening on Friday. Forecast has been for rain from midday Friday, and it's been that way all week. May as well write the comments now... although I noticed no-one seemed to question Edinburgh failure to call off before last Friday's meeting...

Maybe, but I'm not sure the promotion would really want to run on an off-night at this stage of the season. We ran a Tuesday against Redcar but I think that was because with both teams being Friday nights at home, fitting the fixture in another Friday was going to cause issues. Both teams are available on Friday 14 July.

6 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Maybe, but I'm not sure the promotion would really want to run on an off-night at this stage of the season. We ran a Tuesday against Redcar but I think that was because with both teams being Friday nights at home, fitting the fixture in another Friday was going to cause issues. Both teams are available on Friday 14 July.

Would Glasgow want to run on the 14th though because the British Under 21 Final is being held there on the 16th? Maybe the BSPA wouldn't want a club staging a meeting so close to their own?

If it's off on Friday, which looks likely, the meeting needs to staged as soon as possible as the 1st leg. That means Saturday or Sunday of this weekend. No more faffing about or we will end up in the same scenario as the blinkin Jubilee egg cup trophy farce. Even if the odd rider may be in Poland?.............just get the meeting done and dusted!!!!!

I thank you :D

1 hour ago, lbw said:

If it's off on Friday, which looks likely, the meeting needs to staged as soon as possible as the 1st leg. That means Saturday or Sunday of this weekend. No more faffing about or we will end up in the same scenario as the blinkin Jubilee egg cup trophy farce. Even if the odd rider may be in Poland?.............just get the meeting done and dusted!!!!!

"Odd riders in Poland" ?

You mean two of our heat leaders.

When is the jubilee cup final actually taking place?

4 hours ago, lbw said:

Would Glasgow want to run on the 14th though because the British Under 21 Final is being held there on the 16th? Maybe the BSPA wouldn't want a club staging a meeting so close to their own?

if it’s off tomorrow can poole change the 2nd leg on Wednesday back to league meeting so that they can get the 2nd leg of the final 

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

"Odd riders in Poland" ?

You mean two of our heat leaders.

When is the jubilee cup final actually taking place?

Get guests or av rider replacement?

Meetings need to be run where possible & not using riders missing as an excuse!

Look at the past 2 seasons meetings going into November it's ridiculous & it starts by delaying things when they think they av plenty of time to run meetings.

Jubilee Final??? Already been called off twice this season because of Leicester. Wot a joke!

4 hours ago, lbw said:

It's still June. It's the final. It's not going to be a problem to finish it. But I suspect that would be the new date. The only other free Friday before September is 21July, and Oxford makes a lot of sense for that date as we are away there two days earlier.

i am sure we will ride next weds even if its the first leg we dont want three blank weds in a row 

1 hour ago, lbw said:

Get guests or av rider replacement?

Meetings need to be run where possible & not using riders missing as an excuse!

Look at the past 2 seasons meetings going into November it's ridiculous & it starts by delaying things when they think they av plenty of time to run meetings.

Jubilee Final??? Already been called off twice this season because of Leicester. Wot a joke!

Aye nae bother. We'll weaken our side and ride on an off night in a FINAL. Cause Poole would obviously do that too. Don't be daft ffs

• Like 2

The two league matches are in July . Make them the BSF Cup final and we'll go to Poole on Wednesday in the league . Cause I dont see tomorrow happening 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Aye nae bother. We'll weaken our side and ride on an off night in a FINAL. Cause Poole would obviously do that too. Don't be daft ffs

You could always pull out of the FINAL like all last season! ffs :rofl:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lbw said:

You could always pull out of the FINAL like all last season! ffs :rofl:

What the final that still hasn't happened and is the laughing stock of British speedway. What a shocking decision that was eh? Tell you what you ring up my ford and ask if he'd run the meeting without Lawson and the cooks. You know the answer so don't come on here spouting nonsense that we should run it without the equivalent 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

What the final that still hasn't happened and is the laughing stock of British speedway. What a shocking decision that was eh? Tell you what you ring up my ford and ask if he'd run the meeting without Lawson and the cooks. You know the answer so don't come on here spouting nonsense that we should run it without the equivalent 

Ignore them , that joke is well past its sell by date 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Joseq7 said:

What does Fema mean?

Federal Emergency Management Agency. It's an American military agency dedicated to disaster response and recovery. Sauchiehall Street is already beyond help though.