British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davieb1

Premiership pairs 2023

Richie Worrall absolute class last night in the pairs. 100% needs to stay in the Panthers team. Especially for the away meetings. Well done Richie & Ben

16 minutes ago, jduffill said:

Hi SJA,

This is not true. We at BSN work around the club and their own grading schedules. We don’t and never have dictated anything in regards to the running of a meeting - we are simply there to document it.

We interview to fill time because there is a track grade or interval, not the opposite.

Regards,

Ben Duffill (BSN)

Thanks for the response Ben, its good to hear both sides of the story. As one of the closest spectators to your interview area I did see the lady pull riders in for interview when clearly the Clerk of Course was trying to get riders and managers to agree gate positions for the final.  He didnt look happy at all with this happening.

That aside I think you offer a first class streaming service and enjoy the meeting you cover - I'm a happy subscriber.

Edited by SJA

14 minutes ago, SJA said:

Thanks for the response Ben, its good to hear both sides of the story. As one of the closest spectators to your interview area I did see the lady pull riders in for interview when clearly the Clerk of Course was trying to get riders and managers to agree gate positions for the final.  He didnt look happy at all with this happening.

That aside I think you offer a first class streaming service and enjoy the meeting you cover - I'm a happy subscriber.

CotC should have grown a pair then and grabbed them back!

12 minutes ago, SJA said:

You’re welcome SJA. I’m regards to the gate picks, that was offered to us by the COTC. Leicester’s staff are always great when it comes to working with us, and we did the gate picks as quickly as possible.

Thanks very much for the kind comments - I’m pleased to hear you’ve been happy with the service!

9 minutes ago, jduffill said:

You’re welcome SJA. I’m regards to the gate picks, that was offered to us by the COTC. Leicester’s staff are always great when it comes to working with us, and we did the gate picks as quickly as possible.

Thanks very much for the kind comments - I’m pleased to hear you’ve been happy with the service!

Could you act as a consultant with Eurosport on the Premiership meetings with regards to camera position, and also advise on direction ?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance.

61.03, 60.19, 60.35, 60.19, 60.91, 60.69, 60.65, 61.15, 60.85, 60.99, 61.62, 62.40, 62.31, 61.44, 61.84, 61.91, 62.43, 62.43, 62.37, 61.87, 62.19, 61.81, 62.22

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, one of clubs said:

The presentation ceremony was a amateur looking effort with a kids football type cheap rostrum.

Surprised anybody hung about... I was in the car park before I could hear them being announced over the PA. Why they don't come straight round after the final like in the GP's I will never understand

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Col said:

I rarely have any problems on the M6 from Cannock to Altrincham (A556 junction) getting to or from Belle Vue.  The M6 through Walsall & Birmingham is just awful, permanently, even on a Sunday when we often go to Coventry Blaze it can be awful.  The biggest problem getting home from Belle Vue on a night is if the meeting ends 21:45 or later because the M56 is often shut at 22:00 and A roads to Altrincham are not fun.

There was an awful lot of tractoring, before the semi I think the entire stadium erupted when the tractor finally left the track.
Track was certainly not as good as when the Aces visited a few weeks ago.

I don’t understand why the tractors are out for so long   It’s everywhere you go. Clubs want fans to turn up and support the clubs yet they treat them with total disregard. It’s suppose to be a family sport yet the meeting is dragged out over nearly 3 hours for 23 mins of racing. The tractors were on track longer than the bikes. People have got work next day and kids got school so why drag the meeting out for so long. No wonder the sport is all but dead. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pitch said:

Richie Worrall absolute class last night in the pairs. 100% needs to stay in the Panthers team. Especially for the away meetings. Well done Richie & Ben

He's a passenger at the showground 

26 minutes ago, Flappy said:

He's a passenger at the showground 

Hopefully he'll learn the track a bit more soon. But he is very handy on some of the tighter tracks.

4 hours ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance.

Just out of interest,, how many meetings times do you have recorded? 

2 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

I don’t understand why the tractors are out for so long   It’s everywhere you go. Clubs want fans to turn up and support the clubs yet they treat them with total disregard. It’s suppose to be a family sport yet the meeting is dragged out over nearly 3 hours for 23 mins of racing. The tractors were on track longer than the bikes. People have got work next day and kids got school so why drag the meeting out for so long. No wonder the sport is all but dead. 

Especially when so many at the tracks will say "the track is really slick"...

What exactly is it they are grading for lap after lap, after lap? :D

Within two laps into the first race after the grading, the inside is as bare as it was when the race before finished...:rolleyes:

Edited by mikebv

4 hours ago, False dawn said:

61.03, 60.19, 60.35, 60.19, 60.91, 60.69, 60.65, 61.15, 60.85, 60.99, 61.62, 62.40, 62.31, 61.44, 61.84, 61.91, 62.43, 62.43, 62.37, 61.87, 62.19, 61.81, 62.22

Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Just out of interest,, how many meetings times do you have recorded? 

I didn’t have any at the time. Thanks to False Dawn, I have them all now.