British Speedway Forum
bloom89

Steve Boxall

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

Who's in prison who's getting a chance?

Garrity who comes with a lot of baggage and generally gets chance after chance. 

Just now, bloom89 said:

Garrity who comes with a lot of baggage and generally gets chance after chance. 

I am aware Jason currently resides in prison... But who is giving him a chance now? He got many chances before his stint... But no one is going to give him one now, he's behind bars!! The original post made it sound like someone was getting him on day release :lol:

16 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I am aware Jason currently resides in prison... But who is giving him a chance now? He got many chances before his stint... But no one is going to give him one now, he's behind bars!! The original post made it sound like someone was getting him on day release :lol:

Haha no sorry if I worded that wrong. Personally don’t think anyone would give him a chance again but this is speedway and anything generally happens. 

Garrity doesn't deserve another chance,scum of the earth what he did leave him inside to rot along with all the other wasters

18 minutes ago, Ian68 said:

Garrity doesn't deserve another chance,scum of the earth what he did leave him inside to rot along with all the other wasters

It's a shame that you are not head of the Parole Board. :t:

Edited by Lefty
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Ian68 said:

100% nobody should touch him with a barge pole. Sentence he got was too short as well. Horrible human.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Haha no sorry if I worded that wrong. Personally don’t think anyone would give him a chance again but this is speedway and anything generally happens. 

4 hours ago, Ian68 said:

4 hours ago, Lefty said:

It's a shame that you are not head of the Parole Board. :t:

Just want to clarify, just in case yous three have read into my messages wrong I would NEVER, EVER give Garrity a chance in my team, he does deserve every minute he got in prison, I just hope that they can somehow rehabilitate him while he's inside and he can come back out a better man for society... I don't see it though

• Like 1

Boxall top scored on the Island tonight. Passed Bowtell in heat 16

Maybe if Rye House comeback in 2024 he might get a spot in there side (depending which league they ride in) 

2 hours ago, Richspeedway said:

Maybe if Rye House comeback in 2024 he might get a spot in there side (depending which league they ride in) 

Just need Rye House to make a comeback now.....

Is there any rumours of that happening?

20 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Just need Rye House to make a comeback now.....

Is there any rumours of that happening?

Yes in this weeks Speedway Star. Things looking a lot more positive

• Like 2

Surprised no one is discussing his reason for not taking a drugs test ? just because he was allegedly owed money by his club ? Being angry is no excuse and a very, very poor one anyway.

Drugs tests are nothing to do with any club and every rider knows you get a ban for not taking them, even the much abused , and rightly so, Jason Garrity took all the drugs tests put infront of him and passed them , somewhat surprisingly, but he took them as have other well know drug takers within the sport, as they know the consequences.

Im not for a moment suggesting Boxhall is/was under any sort of drug/medication but not taking the test should be an automatic life time ban in my opinion as it’s the only way to stamp it out altogether and tests should be compulsory at all tracks for all riders.

1 hour ago, Normski said:

Yes in this weeks Speedway Star. Things looking a lot more positive

That is excellent news and I hope everything goes to plan, I never got to visit Rye, it would be nice to go one day. I'm assuming it would be National League at least to start with (the best league anyway)

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

That is excellent news and I hope everything goes to plan, I never got to visit Rye, it would be nice to go one day. I'm assuming it would be National League at least to start with (the best league anyway)

they are wanting to ride weekends in Championship 2024 all being good

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KK62 said:

Surprised no one is discussing his reason for not taking a drugs test ? just because he was allegedly owed money by his club ? Being angry is no excuse and a very, very poor one anyway.

Drugs tests are nothing to do with any club and every rider knows you get a ban for not taking them, even the much abused , and rightly so, Jason Garrity took all the drugs tests put infront of him and passed them , somewhat surprisingly, but he took them as have other well know drug takers within the sport, as they know the consequences.

Im not for a moment suggesting Boxhall is/was under any sort of drug/medication but not taking the test should be an automatic life time ban in my opinion as it’s the only way to stamp it out altogether and tests should be compulsory at all tracks for all riders.

The reason or reasons why he failed to take a random drug test may never be known to anyone except him. He was issued a two year ban from racing which is now time served so the same as any other he is free to return to racing. However The BSPL/SCB/ACU could insist he takes a drug test before they allow him a licence in respect of his missing test.

• Like 1