British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tonyd

SCB and Regulation 010.5 h)

Following on from the Laguta situation does this now mean that every rider that is taken ill at home or has an accident of some sort of accident away from the speedway track is going to be suspended for 7 days from now on for having the audacity of getting a non speedway illness or injury?

I don't know if Laguta is ill or not but what I find interesting is that the SCB can now obviously over rule the medical profession and effectively say they are lying when suppling a medical certificate that meets the speedway rules and regulations. 

The old saying of "you couldn't make it up if you tried" has never been more true for these jokers running this sport. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, tonyd said:

Following on from the Laguta situation does this now mean that every rider that is taken ill at home or has an accident of some sort of accident away from the speedway track is going to be suspended for 7 days from now on for having the audacity of getting a non speedway illness or injury?

I don't know if Laguta is ill or not but what I find interesting is that the SCB can now obviously over rule the medical profession and effectively say they are lying when suppling a medical certificate that meets the speedway rules and regulations. 

The old saying of "you couldn't make it up if you tried" has never been more true for these jokers running this sport. 

It's been the rule for a little while now that a non speedway injury/illness  results in a 7 day suspension 

Edited by wtf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, tonyd said:

It has been a very long standing rule that if a rider is declared unfit to race due to a none speedway related illness/injury & submits an appropriate note from a doctor then the rider cannot race for seven days.  If the rider does not submit a doctors note then the rider is deemed to be withholding his services and is banned I believe for 28 days. 
It is not a case of the SCB overruling doctors (the rule is approved by the FIM) but a means to deal with riders who may wish to "pull a sickie". Its not a perfect solution, but at least a good one.
Interestingly, A few years back I think it was Scott Nichols who pulled a muscle in his back loading his bikes into his van which prevented him from setting off to a meeting and subsequently had to serve a seven day "ban" because the injury was not regarded as a speedway related incident! - 

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 1

Did Ashton Boughen receive a 7 day ban from when he missed the Worky v Leicester match when "his dad was taken ill"?

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

It has been a very long standing rule that if a rider is declared unfit to race due to a none speedway related illness/injury & submits an appropriate note from a doctor then the rider cannot race for seven days.  If the rider does not submit a doctors note then the rider is deemed to be withholding his services and is banned I believe for 28 days. 
It is not a case of the SCB overruling doctors (the rule is approved by the FIM) but a means to deal with riders who may wish to "pull a sickie". Its not a perfect solution, but at least a good one.
Interestingly, A few years back I think it was Scott Nichols who pulled a muscle in his back loading his bikes into his van which prevented him from setting off to a meeting and subsequently had to serve a seven day "ban" because the injury was not regarded as a speedway related incident! - 

If this rule is approved by the FIM, does the 7 day suspension apply to all FIM regulated events (for example Polish league matches). After all, an injury or illness incurred outside of speedway will require the rider to take a minimum 7 days recovery period (for his own well-being and protection) and therefore shouldn't be allowed to ride anywhere FIM-regulated uring that period of time.

33 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

If this rule is approved by the FIM, does the 7 day suspension apply to all FIM regulated events (for example Polish league matches). After all, an injury or illness incurred outside of speedway will require the rider to take a minimum 7 days recovery period (for his own well-being and protection) and therefore shouldn't be allowed to ride anywhere FIM-regulated uring that period of time.

The Auto Cycle Union Ltd (ACU), as the internationally recognised Governing Body for the sport of motorcycling throughout the British Isles delegates to the Speedway Control Bureau (SCB) as the sole National Body appointed to control the sport of motorcycle Speedway within that jurisdiction. Regulations generally conform to the ACU’s National Sporting Code (NSC) which itself is in conformity with the International Sporting Code of the Fédération Internationale de Motorcyclisme (FIM) 

Edited by 1 valve

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Did Ashton Boughen receive a 7 day ban from when he missed the Worky v Leicester match when "his dad was taken ill"?

I suspect you already know the answer to that one. :rolleyes: Although to be fair there are some different rules for NDL attendance over the other leagues. though I'm not up to speed with all of them in their current form

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 1 valve said:

The Auto Cycle Union Ltd (ACU), as the internationally recognised Governing Body for the sport of motorcycling throughout the British Isles delegates to the Speedway Control Bureau (SCB) as the sole National Body appointed to control the sport of motorcycle Speedway within that jurisdiction. Regulations generally conform to the ACU’s National Sporting Code (NSC) which itself is in conformity with the International Sporting Code of the Fédération Internationale de Motorcyclisme (FIM) 

So does the above mean that Laguta is ineligible to ride in Poland for 7 days from and including the date of his Doctor's note?

11 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

So does the above mean that Laguta is ineligible to ride in Poland for 7 days from and including the date of his Doctor's note?

"Mr Laguta had suffered from food poisoning and was unable to travel to the UK and advised to rest for a period of at least 2 days"

The ban doesn't extend as far as Poland... we're only shooting ourselves in the foot on this occasion. Anyway looks like he went against doctors advice and decided to go for a run

• Like 1

Does Laguta always post photos of himself when he is on a run? I'm just wondering if he posted on this occasion as a subtle way of saying: "This is nothing to do with me. I'm not ill."

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Does Laguta always post photos of himself when he is on a run? I'm just wondering if he posted on this occasion as a subtle way of saying: "This is nothing to do with me. I'm not ill."

I would have thought he probably knows nothing about it

58 minutes ago, Grachan said:

That did cross my mind when i saw the pic.