British Speedway Forum

Haven't seen any social media promoting the British Final tickets. However checked Belle Vue site and tickets are now available ,although most of Grandstand C already gone.  

ill turn up on the day pay cash stand on back straight.:t:

• Like 2

On 7/1/2023 at 3:29 PM, Hackett said:

Haven't seen any social media promoting the British Final tickets. However checked Belle Vue site and tickets are now available ,although most of Grandstand C already gone.  

Monday 14th August live on Eurosport

ill be umm and erring to myself on the back straight.:rofl:

16 minutes ago, Marksman said:

No info if there's a British Champ semi-final this year?

Hasn't been one for a few years. I believe the last one was planned for 2020, with 10 riders seeded, and the next 16, racing for the next 16 places.

Take Bewley out of the field and it’s like a championship riders final and a poor one at that.

• Like 2

Appalling line up and it will result in an even poorer GP wild card. Not good. Disappointing Robert Lambert couldn’t pop over to give Bewley a challenge.

On current form I’d say we are going to end up with Tom Brennan, Richard Lawson or Charles Wright at Cardiff.

12 minutes ago, TheSmiler said:

Appalling line up and it will result in an even poorer GP wild card. Not good. Disappointing Robert Lambert couldn’t pop over to give Bewley a challenge.

On current form I’d say we are going to end up with Tom Brennan, Richard Lawson or Charles Wright at Cardiff.

What did you expect, Lambert and Tai haven't done British Champ for years. Lets hope the Aussie doesn't get the wildcard.

4 minutes ago, eric i said:

What did you expect, Lambert and Tai haven't done British Champ for years. Lets hope the Aussie doesn't get the wildcard.

Where’s Nicholls?

Chris Harris can go well around Cardiff if I remember right. Is he in it.

I was surprised last night how many Aussies rode for Leicester or Ipswich. How many in the total ride in UK for Premier or Championship?. Britain seems to be the development ground for Aussies. Need more opportunities for Brit riders to develop.

Edited by OveFundinFan

The line up is just another example of how far the general standard of speedway in the UK had fallen , the days of star studded British finals are long gone unfortunately,. Back in the day this was a rung on the ladder towards qualification for the World Final , I can’t see anyone in the lineup who would challenge for a world title 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DSC67 said:

The line up is just another example of how far the general standard of speedway in the UK had fallen , the days of star studded British finals are long gone unfortunately,. Back in the day this was a rung on the ladder towards qualification for the World Final , I can’t see anyone in the lineup who would challenge for a world title 

Bewley?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, therefused said:

Bewley?

Hopefully he can , but it's changed days from when a British final has the likes of Havelock, Loram , Screen , Dugard & Louis or going back further Collins , Lee & Simmonds . Used to be a great event and a fantastic day out its a very poor shadow of itself nowadays, but it is what it's and we just have to make the best of it things aren't going to change any time soon