British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Think they fell out years ago.whether that is still the case.

All sorted, now can people let it go?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, therefused said:

presumably they are talking about 2018

Yes it was and became the latest farce in the sport. This involved Adam Ellis and Nick Morris in the Play-Off final between Poole and King's Lynn. Both clubs had riders missing through injury, Brady Kurtz for Poole and NKI, Stars. Poole booked Nick Morris to guest and King's Lynn, Adam Ellis. However, Morris was only eligible for the first leg at Poole as his CMA was only below that of Kurtz once the '5% rule' had been applied. So Poole then asked Ellis to guest for them in the second leg at King's Lynn. At the same time, the Stars asked Morris to ride as a guest for them. It is possible that neither club knew of this until team sheets were submitted. In the end the BSPL intervened allowing Morris to continue riding for Poole and Ellis, King's Lynn.

Edited by tocha
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, tocha said:

Yes it was and became the latest farce in the sport. This involved Adam Ellis and Nick Morris in the Play-Off final between Poole and King's Lynn. Both clubs had riders missing through injury, Brady Kurtz for Poole and NKI, Stars. Poole booked Nick Morris to guest and King's Lynn, Adam Ellis. However, Morris was only eligible for the first leg at Poole as his CMA was only below that of Kurtz once the '5% rule' had been applied. So Poole then asked Ellis to guest for them in the second leg at King's Lynn. At the same time, the Stars asked Morris to ride as a guest for them. It is possible that neither club knew of this until team sheets were submitted. In the end the BSPL intervened allowing Morris to continue riding for Poole and Ellis, King's Lynn.

And 5 years later you’re still raging …. You seem like a normal well balanced chap. 

47 minutes ago, tocha said:

I remember it, I remember reading the fuss about it and all the Poole fans thinking it was fine even though their team was over the points limit. The ref was also useless at Poole in the first leg, Palm Toft broke his wrist but was excluded in the same race. 

2 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

And 5 years later you’re still raging …. You seem like a normal well balanced chap. 

Erm…… what has he said bad there. He told a story of what actually happened. 

This forum is not the best place for relatives of riders. As you guys see imaginary stuff. 

leave it just for us fans

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

This forum is not the best place for relatives of riders. As you guys see imaginary stuff. 

He would be better off sticking to twitter that's his forte

Edited by Dornier
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

That was aimed at castrolargh who originally bought it up ( gating tart roller etc..). 

You’re right. I’ll leave it to you “fans”. 

knock yourself out lads 

3 hours ago, Dornier said:

He would be better off sticking to twitter that's his forte

Feel free to say hi on Twitter if you know who I am then. 

or stay anonymous … that seems to be the way on here 

On 8/15/2023 at 7:13 PM, ArthurRudge said:

Shame Barker didn't get second he tried his heart out never knows when he's beat that lad.

No fan of Barker but absolutely spot on. We all know he takes no prisoners and certainly gave it his all on Monday and for that he should be applauded. Imagine if he had a little more time on a bike over the last month he my of been even a little more competitive. 

Tbf to Barker who has had various issues in the past and comes with plenty of baggage no one can fault him for effort, you won't catch him wimping out off a tight first bend or moaning about track conditions, he just gets on with it and puts in 100%.

• Like 3

On 8/15/2023 at 2:23 PM, Speedway28 said:

What’s the story with Lawson and his dad not getting on?

Firstly is it anyone's business except theirs ?

Secondly as I don't know what the falling out is over, myself being 21 and a fair bit. I'd guess its pretty similar to other falling out of family members I've heard about over the years.

Minor disagreement about something that in the big scheme of things is pretty much something and nothing.

Disagreement ends when one party unfortunately passes away, then the surviving party spends the rest of their life turning the whys and wherefores over and over in their head

• Like 3