British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Oxford vs Berwick - Champ - 5th July

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Oxford 53-37 Berwick

After 12 heats I thought I was way off with my prediction!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BanditsFan said:

Leon and Jye are pathetic, decisions must be made. They’ve let the club and the travelling supporters down tonight!

Agree but Berwick don't make proactive decisions like Birmingham and Plymouth only change when no other option , Berwick a 2 man team tonight some of the Berwick riders will have really attractive averages for next season.

• Like 1

Bottom Line is Strength in depth has not paid off so far due to Jye,Leon And Jonus not showing the improvement they were expecting them to make.Thats speedway.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, alang said:

You reckon there'll be a next season?

We keep getting told we Team build to a Budget so see no reason why not.Although the Bullets have been a bit of a disaster IMO.Don’t see how that pays unless good Sponsorship is in place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Bottom Line is Strength in depth has not paid off so far due to Jye,Leon And Jonus not showing the improvement they were expecting them to make.Thats speedway.

Etheridge has been going backwards for the last 3 years but has still been a shoe in when team building comes around. Flint after initial promise is bang average. Both be number 1 and 2 choices for next years 1-7 no doubt.

• Like 3

We`ve gone from unlucky to lopsided.

Maybe Berwick are just poor.

• Like 2

I think the Berwick fans are being a little harsh on their team. Bar Poole, they were basically the most competitive team I've seen at Oxford this season. The three late 5-1s definitely flattered Oxford at the end - looked like it was going to be much closer before that.

It was also going to be hard for a number of Bandits riders to score big when they are facing either Masters, Nicholls or Kerr in the majority of races. Schlein was superb, battled hard and never gave up.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I think the Berwick fans are being a little harsh on their team. Bar Poole, they were basically the most competitive team I've seen at Oxford this season. The three late 5-1s definitely flattered Oxford at the end - looked like it was going to be much closer before that.

It was also going to be hard for a number of Bandits riders to score big when they are facing either Masters, Nicholls or Kerr in the majority of races. Schlein was superb, battled hard and never gave up.

The late meeting capitulations have been a problem for the Bandits for years and one they never look to solve. Can't remember the last time they had a strong pair of heat leaders

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MilhouseZmarzlik said:

The late meeting capitulations have been a problem for the Bandits for years and one they never look to solve. Can't remember the last time they had a strong pair of heat leaders

Agreed, but heats 13 and 15 are basically Oxford’s strongest heats, no? As an Oxford fan, if the meeting is close, it’s always good to know we’ve got those in the bank - so to speak. 

4 hours ago, screm said:

We`ve gone from unlucky to lopsided.

Maybe Berwick are just poor.

No not at all they put up a good fight but we’re overwhelmed later as was pointed out especially in a breathtaking heat 13 when Nichols and masters went either side of Rory a special mention for Cameron Heeps who in my opinion had his best meeting in long time and was made to work for it.