British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Latvian GP Riga Saturday 12th August

5 minutes ago, DazS said:

why do they have to be miked up

Because everyone has to be in constant contact. It's the way it is these days...

Edited by chunky
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Shockster said:

There is no left hand side menu. 

First thing that comes up is Live and Upcoming events and there's nothing there.

Under this is Cycling and under that is recently ended with GP Qualifying???  It's crap.

At the top it should say all sport, then go to speedway.

9 minutes ago, chunky said:

Still living in the 1950's eh? That is what sport and television is all about these days.

8 minutes ago, chunky said:

Stop making sense; he doesn't want to believe fact...

Is he your dad or something? Phil Morris rushing about shouting instructions through a headset is nothing to do with modernising the sport - it’s 100% down to feeding his ego. 

1 minute ago, Debbi said:

At the top it should say all sport, then go to speedway.

There's nothing like that if you subscribe through Prime for Discovery plus Sport.  Actually found it in the TV Guide.  I clicked on it and it said I don't have "HIDDEN" channels.

Anyway thanks for trying to help.  It let's me watch it on my PC. :rofl:

7 minutes ago, DazS said:

I assume they might be making it more like Rugby, they say it's so the crowd have more interaction with what is going on.

Just now, JanAndersen said:

Is he your dad or something? Phil Morris rushing about shouting instructions through a headset is nothing to do with modernising the sport - it’s 100% down to feeding his ego. 

He has already done the ego thing with the quiz shows he has won and the success of his business ventures. Does not need speedway to boost it, it does not pay enough 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

Oh yes, I forgot he appointed hiself race director. It was also HIS decision to mike up.

5 minutes ago, chunky said:

Because everyone has to be in constant contact. It's the way it is these days...

no they dont 

1 minute ago, ArthurRudge said:

I assume they might be making it more like Rugby, they say it's so the crowd have more interaction with what is going on.

Same as they have been doing in American sport for years...

6 minutes ago, DazS said:

Because he is the Race Director and has to communicate with others,  when the “others” are not in his immediate vicinity the Mike system helps.

I think he does a good job. He has a voice of authority and others jump when he issues an instruction or info …… ie 2 minute warning, riders move when they here that.

• Like 3

Just now, DazS said:

no they dont 

So sorry, your highness...

1 minute ago, chunky said:

Oh yes, I forgot he appointed hiself race director. It was also HIS decision to mike up.

You know it wasn’t? 

Just now, OveFundinFan said:

Because he is the Race Director and has to communicate with others,  when the “others” are not in his immediate vicinity the Mike system helps.

Apparently he doesn't. DazS says so...

1 minute ago, OveFundinFan said:

I think he does a good job. He has a voice of authority and others jump when he issues an instruction or info …… ie 2 minute warning, riders move when they here that.

I agree