British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Latvian GP Riga Saturday 12th August

1 minute ago, Shockster said:

The App is there.  Quite a few on twitter have had the same issue. Not to worry. Thanks

Maybe it’s an issue with the Firestick, does it want a software upgrade? I can connect via Roku every time I use Discovery+

6 minutes ago, Shockster said:

Pretty sure the others could have done so if they had wanted.  No need though??

The point that was being made was that the poster was objecting to the other riders being allowed to go back into the pits. I was simply trying to explain my view that doing so was fair and not allowing them to had the potential to give the faller an unfair advantage. 

10 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Ok. So Freddie gets to put a fresh tyre on and put new clutch plates in while the others have to use their existing ones? Why should the faller get an advantage?

What is your problem? Read the reply. If the bike was not fit to be ridden. Go shove you head up your arse and breathe in gently.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

The point that was being made was that the poster was objecting to the other riders being allowed to go back into the pits. I was simply trying to explain my view that doing so was fair and not allowing them to had the potential to give the faller an unfair advantage. 

I agree.  he wasn't getting an advantage, it was just making it fair. Personally, thought he should have gone, but as he wasn't he needed to be competitive.

8 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Maybe it’s an issue with the Firestick, does it want a software upgrade? I can connect via Roku every time I use Discovery+

The app opens fine and everything seems to work apart from Speedway. :D

Contact Discovery+ customer service and explain the problem. If it was a problem with their app on a Firestick you can be sure others have contacted them. As I, and others were fine with Discovery+ I think you got to give it a go before you cancel.

1 minute ago, OveFundinFan said:

Contact Discovery+ customer service and explain the problem. If it was a problem with their app on a Firestick you can be sure others have contacted them. As I, and others were fine with Discovery+ I think you got to give it a go before you cancel.

Like I say, couldn't sort it for the Speedway World Cup either, but works perfect on my laptop. 

I would go onthe Firestick and ask it to upgrade all software. I do it on my Rocku regularly, actually it searches for updates automatically when I start to use the Roku. Last time it updated anything was April 2023. It could the the Firestick needs updating or the DISCOVERY+ app.

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

What was Woffy doing starting so far back? :D

Was always going to roll..:rolleyes:

Haps he was trying to stay out the deepest part of the rut so didn't grind out like Doyle did off gate 4, i didn't even know them ruts were that deep and they could grind out as Kelv only mentioned it about 20 times:D

1 hour ago, Hawk127 said:

What is your problem? Read the reply. If the bike was not fit to be ridden. Go shove you head up your arse and breathe in gently.

Do I take it you disagree with my opinion?

15 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Haps he was trying to stay out the deepest part of the rut so didn't grind out like Doyle did off gate 4, i didn't even know them ruts were that deep and they could grind out as Kelv only mentioned it about 20 times:D

His only chance of remotely  beating Bart was out gate him and he blew it !

16 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Do I take it you disagree with my opinion?

No everyone is entitled to an opinion but your inability to read the response is clearly a problem for you. I said in brief without writing war and peace, if it was not suitable to be used in the race, or to put it simply, damaged beyond being safely used in the restart of the race. What more do you want in an explanation. On that note I give up and will go and watch paint dry as it is clearly a better option rather than continue to responding to the clap trap from a demented subscriber who clearly has limited intelligence and little to add to any debate. 

18 minutes ago, Crumpet125 said:

He is with no Emil allowed in the series. That must change next year, it's all become predictable and boring. 

Prove it? Emil was allowed into GP for many years. Never got championship. Please describe it how he is virtually a WC?

Dullest Grand Prix that I have seen this year.

Half of the heats had riders in making up the numbers, therefore no interest in the outcome of the heats

The only fortunate thing was watching it on catch up that cut out 2 hours of 'nothing to see here'

It's a one man GP series might as well give it Zmarzlik now and call it a do. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Crumpet125 said:

He is with no Emil allowed in the series. That must change next year, it's all become predictable and boring. 

Most GP is boring. What isn't boring according to You? A Brit winning and You wouldn't mention boringness?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1