British Speedway Forum
lbw

Glasgow (28) vs (62) PIRATES BSN Final 2nd leg 21st July

58 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nice and easy last night on a poor track that gave little to no top notch racing. After all the abuse thrown at Poole’s track, Glasgow produce a dire surface bereft of dirt and making it a race to the first bend. After all the hype I was expecting some superb Speedway, but the Glasgow track failed to produce anything of merit, bar one heat where Basso chased after, but failed to pass Ben Cook. 

Next weekend we have the league meeting, which won’t be streamed so unless you are there live you are going to miss out. What a massive missed opportunity to get some much needed money in the coffers. Do the Glasgow promotion think by not streaming it live, there will be an armada of Poole fans heading up for the 20 hour round trip? Other clubs have already proved streaming doesn’t affect attendances but certainly does boost the bank account of the club.

Well done to Pirates. Commiserations to Glasgow.

Glasgow don’t do any streaming.

15 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He is unable to understand this.

Suppose it’s a massive opportunity missed as long as it’s not his money doing a stream.

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Which is quite ironic considering that all the cabling etc for TV cameras etc was put in during work in the stadium a few year back

• Like 2

One down two to go :party:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Which is quite ironic considering that all the cabling etc for TV cameras etc was put in during work in the stadium a few year back

What’s that got to do with it though .The club makes the decision what they think best for there business.

4 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

One down two to go :party:

And another. All out today.

Edited by Trackrat

26 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He had the same rant last year. He's only looking for a ride, best to ignore

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

And another. All out today.

So i see 

Just finished my colouring in of Ben Basso. Only thing is all me crayons have gone over the inside line.........bugga gonna get excluded from the Tate Gallery for that!

:D

Edited by lbw
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lbw said:

Just finished my colouring in of Ben Basso. Only thing is all me crayons have gone over the inside line.........bugga gonna get excluded from the Tate Gallery for that!

T it gallery for you.

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

T it gallery for you.

And takes a bow :t:

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I am well aware hence saying they are losing the nice earner of streaming meetings. 

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I am well aware hence saying they are losing the nice earner of streaming meetings. 

That’s their prerogative,it depends on how much it costs to set up and manage though.It’s not that straightforward.

And for all the concerned parents out there I av just arrived safely back from Glasgow.

But bugga, I'm gonna av to buy sum new crayons with me pocket money!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Noelinho said:

I’ve watched heat 12 back on BSN. Not a great camera angle but it does look like Basso passes after the line. I’ll not send hate mail to the manufacturers just yet.

Apparently it was only by one-thousandth of a second. So couldn’t have been much closer.