British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Berwick 12/7/23 CL

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I think the most interesting discussion point is likely to be how many times TJ, Flint and former Pirate Schlein can beat current Poole heat leaders Lawson, Worrall and Cook?

That's easy none

• Like 1

With this being a league match, Berwick will do OK, high 30s or even low 40s. Poole riders will be keeping an eye on their averages.

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On paper Poole should sail past 60. But fee TJ and Flint will fight hard and Rory knows the fastest was around the track. 

Forecast is still decent with an afternoon shower or two.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

On paper Poole should sail past 60. But fee TJ and Flint will fight hard and Rory knows the fastest was around the track. 

Forecast is still decent with an afternoon shower or two.

I'm liking your PMA  :D  a very astute summarisation.

For me it's 61-29, yes I'm allowing Bandits one more point than Glasgow as the track will be perfect, apparently there was something wrong with it last week!! :o

Edited by lbw

Lets hope Zach has no after effects from his 'Bewley Bashing' into the home straight mesh fencing and smashed kick board last night!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Lets hope Zach as no after effects from his 'Bewley Bashing' last night!!

Yes, that was one heck of a smash. 

6 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

With this being a league match, Berwick will do OK, high 30s or even low 40s. Poole riders will be keeping an eye on their averages.

With the number 1 spot being crucial in the playoffs, all riders will need to perform 100% or face the playoff league of death come September.

2 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

With the number 1 spot being crucial in the playoffs, all riders will need to perform 100% or face the playoff league of death come September.

The Poole riders will just need to be at 100% between them to beat Berwick, don’t worry 

Still going to stick by my prediction and go for a home win 50-40

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

I'm not sure the number 1 spot is as crucial this season.  

As far as Poole are concerned I would suggest they would be confident of the aggregate score over any of the top 5.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm not sure the number 1 spot is as crucial this season.  

As far as Poole are concerned I would suggest they would be confident of the aggregate score over any of the top 5.

So let's just say based on current performance, 

Poole, Oxford, Glasgow, Redcar are top 4, with Scunthorpe and  Birmingham/berwick/Edinburgh pick up the 6th spot.

Who ever finishes in 1st picks the other two teams to go into their playoff league, with the reaming 3 teams going in a league together.

So could be Poole, Scunthorpe and Birmingham

And Glasgow, Oxford and Redcar.

With the winner of each group going to the final.

One of those leagues is going to be an awesome battle, the other maybe not so much.

19 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

So let's just say based on current performance, 

Poole, Oxford, Glasgow, Redcar are top 4, with Scunthorpe and  Birmingham/berwick/Edinburgh pick up the 6th spot.

Who ever finishes in 1st picks the other two teams to go into their playoff league, with the reaming 3 teams going in a league together.

So could be Poole, Scunthorpe and Birmingham

And Glasgow, Oxford and Redcar.

With the winner of each group going to the final.

One of those leagues is going to be an awesome battle, the other maybe not so much.

Think it would have been better for 1st Team to have 1st and 3rd  pick and 2nd Team too have 2nd pick.More even group that way. IMO.

• Like 2