British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Sheffield v Ipswich Monday July 10th Live on Eurosport

Kelvin a touch confused in that one!

Riss should retire. Letting everyone down. Not on it at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Retire is a bit extreme. Should sit out the season and get fully fit. 

• Like 4

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t think he should retire like but he’s clearly not fully fit, seemed to back off a bit coming out of the second bend in heat 7, clearly still not right imo he’s not even scoring great in the championship either. 

Riss made a gate, saw and opposition rider and completely shut off happy to cruise in for another last. He clearly doesn’t feel safe on the bike to race and I appreciate he needs to earn a living but he’s selfishly letting the team down and potentially putting riders at risk. Needs to take the season off and focus on recovery.

Edited by ThinBlueWitch

28 minutes ago, iainb said:

About as annoying as reading about it on here! :mad:

It's fact don't like it then ignore

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Have to agree totally with you.It's like someone taking the piss out of people with speech impediments,or someone that has a tick.I bet those people aren't perfect themselves that keep on about Tatum.He's not my cup of tea but i wouldn't take the mickey like that week in week out.

Ok I won't say it again if it upsets u

Unfortunately it does not have the cut and thrust of the live Polish meetings on a Saturday and Sunday and with poor commentary and half empty stadiums, it says it all. Hopefully someone somewhere will wake up and do something dramatic to revitalise the sport. As it stands I would keep U.K. speedway under wraps and not do too much until those in charge find a formula that works and attracts fans and makes it the spectacular that we know it is capable of being.

• Like 1

Riss a waste of time,,, who would have guessed,,,, still,,,, getting him next on a 4 average might be handy,,, or maybe not 

• Haha 1

Get rid of helmet cam!!! If you must have it show it after the race not during it …. Crap camera work as always

2 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Unfortunately it does not have the cut and thrust of the live Polish meetings on a Saturday and Sunday and with poor commentary and half empty stadiums, it says it all. Hopefully someone somewhere will wake up and do something dramatic to revitalise the sport. As it stands I would keep U.K. speedway under wraps and not do too much until those in charge find a formula that works and attracts fans and makes it the spectacular that we know it is capable of being.

Saturday and Sunday being the key words, you’ll never replicate the atmosphere of a weekend meeting whatever you do 

1 minute ago, Hawk127 said:

I think you just have to take it at face value..

The sport is the same but that is the only common denominator..

It is what it is, and the racing tonight has been good...

Ippo need a 14 -4 from Emil and Doyle now...