British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Wolves v Belle Vue 10 July

35 minutes ago, Petecc said:

True, but they are the ones you hear. The silent majority are just that.

I think the issue at places like Wolves particularly and places like Poole, Peterborough etc is that the majority of the fans are concentrated into one place so any noise made by several people is magnified. Perhaps its just more noticeable at Wolves because of that. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Where I was standing there was just stunned silence, it was a terrible crash for both riders  (haven't seen anything on TV).

It looked nasty on TV! It was good to see them both up on their feet and checking on eachother.

There is always a minority of fans who cheer crashes - often if the crash doesn't look too serious its because they think their team will benefit from it. However having witnessed a few serious crashes over the years, including the one that ultimately claimed Paul Muchene, you can tell the difference between crowd reactions, no one cheered that night when he crashed!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

It looked nasty on TV! It was good to see them both up on their feet and checking on eachother.

There is always a minority of fans who cheer crashes - often if the crash doesn't look too serious its because they think their team will benefit from it. However having witnessed a few serious crashes over the years, including the one that ultimately claimed Paul Muchene, you can tell the difference between crowd reactions, no one cheered that night when he crashed!

I was at Monmore Green when Gary Peterson left us. Meeting abandoned and everyone filed out in complete silence. I still feel  very sad every time I think of that night.

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Standard minority behaviour at every track.

Ditto a minority at every track. Particularly at Belle Vue.

It’s not a minority at Monmore though, it was so loud you could clearly hear it on Eurosport.

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

It’s not a minority at Monmore though, it was so loud you could clearly hear it on Eurosport.

Better that than the foul mouth language you hear at Belle Vue from some fans .Particularly the play offs when the football crowd turn up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Better that than the foul mouth language you hear at Belle Vue from some fans .Particularly the play offs when the football crowd turn up.

Is it really better though, and it's hard to pull up fans for swearing when riders give the finger. 

I like wolves, and most fans on here and twitter are great people, but I've been to Wolves many times over the years, and it's always been the loudest for cheering riders coming off.  As some have said that could be because of the crowd being congragated in one place. 

Edited by SUPERACE

On 7/11/2023 at 4:57 PM, Phil The Ace said:

Lions winning naff all with Allen in the team 

They have won alot of meets already u clown

1 hour ago, Spiderman1 said:

They have won alot of meets already u clown

What have Leicester won with Allen being there exactly 

21 hours ago, Rob B said:

Dress it as you want, it’s always a minority.  Aces fans are one of the worst for booing incidents. 

19 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

My point precisely. 

Great sporting gesture by Dan Bewley who called Zach Cook and offered to pay for the damage to his bike after Mondays big crash:t:

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Dress it as you want, it’s always a minority.  Aces fans are one of the worst for booing incidents. 

My point precisely. 

Clearly there are fans of all teams who boo when a rider goes down but this is often because that means the rider in question cannot score any points from that race, they are not booing because they are happy the rider could be hurt in any way, if it looks like a bad  injury is a likely outcome then fans would not boo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Great sporting gesture by Dan Bewley who called Zach Cook and offered to pay for the damage to his bike after Mondays big crash:t:

Yes this was mentioned at Poole last night,that is a smashing gesture, top man is Dan Bewley 

On 7/12/2023 at 6:42 PM, Wolfie456 said:

As you point out, it’s the football crowd glory hunters that turn up for the play offs and they are soon put in their place by us Aces fans or even removed. 

I’d like to see the same response at Monmore with the regulars there but it’s just accepted, in fact it’s positively encouraged which is sad.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

If those responsible payed out every time there’s a crash at Monmore, the Wolves would have gone into receivership years ago. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ouch said:

As you point out, it’s the football crowd glory hunters that turn up for the play offs and they are soon put in their place by us Aces fans or even removed. 

I’d like to see the same response at Monmore with the regulars there but it’s just accepted, in fact it’s positively encouraged which is sad.

Been to Monmore many times and completely disagree with your comments. 

• Thanks 2