British Speedway Forum
Gavan

Ipswich v Belle Vue 13th July

7 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

I think more was needed from King and Danyon tonight - Erik needs to be dropped as he clearly isn’t race fit / mixing it! 

Hume should be beating Bailey at home really, and yet again King went missing later in the meeting, less said about Riss the better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Riss needs to quit the season. In other sports he would be stood down.

You said that last week, and kind of retracted it.

Ipswich management really are a useless stupid lot aren't they?! It was glaringly obvious numerous changes were needed , apart from one ride Thompson the weakest RS in the Prem, Hume not a number 6 but a 7, Riss totally incapable of not shutting off ....never going to work especially when Rew clearly needs time to develop and King Mr Average and predictably unpredictable! Dreadful balance to the side , probably the worst tail end since Swindon had Lampart Shanes and Wajnecht! Horrible....and any changes will be too late now...even though they still need to be made! I'm angry and I'm not even a Witches supporter! Pathetic 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Riss needs to quit the season. In other sports he would be stood down.

Incredibly negligent management! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hagonshocker said:

Ipswich management really are a useless stupid lot aren't they?! It was glaringly obvious numerous changes were needed , apart from one ride Thompson the weakest RS in the Prem, Hume not a number 6 but a 7, Riss totally incapable of not shutting off ....never going to work especially when Rew clearly needs time to develop and King Mr Average and predictably unpredictable! Dreadful balance to the side , probably the worst tail end since Swindon had Lampart Shanes and Wajnecht! Horrible....and any changes will be too late now...even though they still need to be made! I'm angry and I'm not even a Witches supporter! Pathetic 

Watch out Richie. Your jobs in danger

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Watch out Richie. Your jobs in danger

The mind boggles how he got the job in the first place 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hagonshocker said:

The mind boggles how he got the job in the first place 

Well i can't argue with that. Louis mate maybe?

55 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Hume should be beating Bailey at home really, and yet again King went missing later in the meeting, less said about Riss the better.

no disgareement from me there! I said to a couple of guys sat behind me how I was dreading heats 12 and 14 as based on how the night was going that was the weak spot! People were also a bit too confident about Emil and Doyle getting another 5-1 in heat 15 after they had done in 13 - as it was Kurtz the little rotter leapt out of the gate and stayed in front!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Haha 1

We got what we deserved ….

The team built with a fit Erik and Jack Thomas was ok

We then lost both and simply the management decisions have been poor in who they replaced them with 

King had been said is the third best heat leader in the league is laughable ….. Wolves whole top 5 is better than King as is Belle Vues ….Leicester have Lawson and Harris and Sheffield have Ellis so no King is not the best third heat leader 

The poor management choices in replacing Riss and Thomas have added extra pressure on Rew and Hume and I think some Ipswich fans expect more from them when really they are shouldering the fact that the team building has been mis managed 

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

We then lost both and simply the management decisions have been poor in who they replaced them with 

King had been said is the third best heat leader in the league is laughable ….. Wolves whole top 5 is better than King as is Belle Vues ….Leicester have Lawson and Harris and Sheffield have Ellis so no King is not the best third heat leader 

The poor management choices in replacing Riss and Thomas have added extra pressure on Rew and Hume and I think some Ipswich fans expect more from them when really they are shouldering the fact that the team building has been mis managed 

I think you might of had a drink.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think you might of had a drink.

Hardly I was at the meeting and drove and hour and a half home 

I thought the initial 1-7 was ok

What happened to Thomas and Riss isn’t managements fault 

To replace them with poor lesser riders as well as letting King carry on and now not replacing Riss is poor management 

What part of that do you not agree with?

13 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Hardly I was at the meeting and drove and hour and a half home 

I thought the initial 1-7 was ok

What happened to Thomas and Riss isn’t managements fault 

To replace them with poor lesser riders as well as letting King carry on and now not replacing Riss is poor management 

What part of that do you not agree with?

King

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Top heavy with averages doing what they are supposed to, Rew was never going to shine at number 4 in his first season,he would  struggle at 6 this year,think he needed a year in championship level but that’s a risk ya take with bringing in young or older polish league riders,not as easy as some see, Riss is just bad luck which can happen to any team,will no doubt come good but will be too late in season , does Riss play golf with Richie  and Thompson ? Thought someone would have been replaced by Heeps by now, very close one tonite ,aces to smart  on track

The decision to go with the two weakest options to replace Jack Thomas is unforgivable & really should have some explanation as to why those choices were made.

It was always going to be a tough first year for Rew although this week he has looked a better rider. Definitely worth keeping & must be in the team next year. He is the type of rider we need young & hungry.

King well my own personal opinion he should have been no where near Ipswich in 23. Far to inconsistent & given the amount of time spent at Foxhall his inability to ride it at times in amazing. Time & time again rides the wrong lines that clearly aren’t working & is beaten/passed by riders who he should be showing a clean pair of heels to at home.

Riss has been unfortunate with the illness that has struck him, however he should have been replaced by now as clearly isn’t up to it & isn't fit.

Hume is a great little rider gives it 100% & gets stuck in unlike some. He has had way to much pressure put on his shoulders because of the Thompson & Riss scenario.

Emil & Jason what can you say…….pure class pure entertainment. I’d love to see both or at least one back again next year although let’s be honest the state of the league may dictate that doesn’t happen.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gavan said:

2023 all official fixtures (exc bonus)) King is 11th making him not just the best third heat leader but a pretty decent second one. He has a better average than all the Wolves riders bar Masters.

So based on actual points scored in real matches King is more than doing his job (and his average is up on last year)

• Like 1