British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham v Poole Championship. 19/7/23

If they have any play-off aspirations Birmingham really need to win this one. But Poole rarely lose & can't see it happening on Wednesday.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ray c said:

birmingham dont look a bad side on paper 

On paper ! BUT......

Sedgemen is absolute sh#te at home this season!

King is the best choice of guest, but as for the others, they wont be able to live with Lawson/Worral/Cook's and I fear that Newman is going to have a stormer!

If we can keep it under 14 points, then we will have done well!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

As expected Danny King guesting. Good guest and perfect cover for Morris.

Hey Shov it's been a few years - good to know you're coming up, we've been told 2 mini-buses of Poole fans as well.   Make sure you say hello! 

Everything went a bit pear shaped on and off the track for Birmingham last week! Hoping you a quieter evening tomorrow , the trudge up and down the stairs to the officials / streaming box was good for my daily steps though ;-) 

On 7/14/2023 at 10:21 AM, crescent girl said:

National Motorcycle Museum (close to airport) is a huge place.  Worth a visit for folk with biking interests.

There is one speedway bike in the NMM. Kinda tucked away in the last showroom :t:

Edited by lbw

I'll be in Perry Barr to shout out loud for the Pirates.

Odds on a Pirates grab bag plunder & run with the 2pts with a 49-41 scoreline.

Better not be on the apple juice! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 7/16/2023 at 10:17 PM, Trackrat said:

Good to see Coventry legend Edward Kennett winning on the grass today.

Was he riding on it or under the influence of it?

King riding as a guest makes sense, a Birmingham win helps Redcar's hopes of finishing top!

Edited by szkocjasid

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

King riding as a guest makes sense, a Birmingham win helps Redcar's hopes of finishing top!

Are you saying normally having a guest doesn't make sense? ;):D

On 7/16/2023 at 10:17 PM, Trackrat said:

Good to see Coventry legend Edward Kennett winning on the grass today.

Glad he’s recovered from his season long injury ,received in the first minute for Plymouth in 2022  season which allowed the Gladiators to use a guest all season

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Glad he’s recovered from his season long injury ,received in the first minute for Plymouth in 2022  season which allowed the Gladiators to use a guest all season

Plymouth has applied to get Kennett’s average re-assessed so they can bring him in this year  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Are you saying normally having a guest doesn't make sense? ;):D

Am of course refering to the times someone guesting could knock their own team out of a tournament (which I'm sure you know)! It would make far less sense for an Berwick, Edinburgh or Plymouth rider to guest for the Brummies!

Edited by szkocjasid

9 hours ago, The H Man said:

Hey Shov it's been a few years - good to know you're coming up, we've been told 2 mini-buses of Poole fans as well.   Make sure you say hello! 

Everything went a bit pear shaped on and off the track for Birmingham last week! Hoping you a quieter evening tomorrow , the trudge up and down the stairs to the officials / streaming box was good for my daily steps though ;-) 

Come and find me on the first/second bend with the Poole fans, unless I see you first. Will be with my young daughter who has never been to a speedway meeting away from Poole. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Come and find me on the first/second bend with the Poole fans, unless I see you first. Will be with my young daughter who has never been to a speedway meeting away from Poole. 

You will have to explain “Passing “ and “Excitment” ,. You will not have to explain the dust though . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

You will have to explain “Passing “ and “Excitment” ,. You will not have to explain the dust though . 

Perhaps we should sign Adam Ellis next season, sounds like the Poole track is made for him!

10 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

Let's hope he explains 'spelling' as well ! :D sorry....just banter!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Haha 1