British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Birmingham Brummies 26th July

17 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah, raining from 6pm going by met office. Still neither of us have a home meeting on 30th August, so should slot in there..? 

There was originally a whisper that August 30th might be a 75th Anniversary meeting? In fact it did appear on the initial BSPL fixture list but isn't there now.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

There's a whisper that August 30th might be a 75th Anniversary meeting?

That's guaranteed to start them off, feel a new thread coming :t:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

That's guaranteed to start them off, feel a new thread coming :t:

Or maybe they will rearrange the Birmingham meeting IF it's off tomorrow looking at the forecast? 

• Like 1

Meeting is now postponed. 

Poole Speedway is taking no chances with the weather and have made the early decision to postpone tonight's (Wednesday 26th July) fixture against Birmingham and are presently working on a restaging date.

Explaining his decision, Poole promoter Dan Ford said "we have examined all of the various weather forecasts and there is nothing to be optimistic about and we really don't want to waste people's time and money, so hopefully making an early decision will not cause too much inconvenience. It is a real punch in the guts for us as it is the first week of the summer holidays and we were looking set for a bumper crowd"

All pre-booked tickets will be refunded in in due course.

The Pirates next action is on Sunday (30th July) when they make their second visit to Glasgow in the space of nine days, this time in the quest for valuable league points.

• Like 2

Sensible early call not one hopeful forecast. Poor Neil left Long Eaton at 3 am this morning on National Express and is on his way. Hope he reads its off and can jump off the coach!

• Like 2

At least the Morris/guest situation should become clearer by the new date with his SCB hearing scheduled for tomorrow (unless it's rained off:rofl:)!

Incidentally the new averages for August show Morris back in the Brummies 1-7. (and Starke dropping to reserve?!)!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Sensible early call not one hopeful forecast. Poor Neil left Long Eaton at 3 am this morning on National Express and is on his way. Hope he reads its off and can jump off the coach!

Yep Steve

Found out as I got to London so shortly I'm returning home on the 10am back to Nottingham. Only cost £12.

Getting money back on b&b :t:

Sorted. Thanks for thinking about me and me travels coz I've only got liddle legs :D

Edited by lbw
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, lbw said:

Yep Steve

Found out as I got to London so shortly I'm returning home on the 10am back to Nottingham. Only cost £12.

Getting money back on b&b :t:

Sorted. Thanks for thinking about me and me travels coz I've only got liddle legs :D

Still travelled with a forecast like that.

Made my day.

The village will have their idiot back soon.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ellioth4 said:

Meeting is now postponed. 

Poole Speedway is taking no chances with the weather and have made the early decision to postpone tonight's (Wednesday 26th July) fixture against Birmingham and are presently working on a restaging date.

Explaining his decision, Poole promoter Dan Ford said "we have examined all of the various weather forecasts and there is nothing to be optimistic about and we really don't want to waste people's time and money, so hopefully making an early decision will not cause too much inconvenience. It is a real punch in the guts for us as it is the first week of the summer holidays and we were looking set for a bumper crowd"

All pre-booked tickets will be refunded in in due course.

The Pirates next action is on Sunday (30th July) when they make their second visit to Glasgow in the space of nine days, this time in the quest for valuable league points.

The last time that Anders will be at 2 and Kyle at 6 - at least for a month!!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Still travelled with a forecast like that.

Made my day.

The village will have their idiot back soon.

The village dinlo is on :rofl:

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

The village dinlo is on :rofl:

Been ages since I've heard that word used! 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Been ages since I've heard that word used! 

takes one to know one i suppose .dont you think lisa!!!!

• Haha 1

NEW DATE | POOLE vs BIRMINGHAM
Following today's postponed Poole vs Birmingham Championship meeting, the two clubs have worked speedily in rearranging the fixture for Wednesday 30th August at 7.30pm
Please note, all tickets purchased for the original staging are being refunded so tickets must be re-purchased for the new date

• Like 1

Certainly was the correct decision to postpone early. Its been persistently steady raining since around 4pm ish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1