British Speedway Forum
Normski

Berwick v Redcar 29/07/23 @7-00pm

1 hour ago, Gambo95 said:

When was the last time Killeen raced in this country?

Thought he had been injured (not at Berwick with Oxford teams).

May 12th when he crashed at Belle Vue 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

When was the last time Killeen raced in this country?

Thought he had been injured (not at Berwick with Oxford teams).

He broke his wrist weeks ago( Belle Vue I think) this will be his first meeting back.

Ritchie Worrall strengthens Berwick, for this meeting and at Edinburgh tonight, but not by enough to save Berwick from two defeats. Not so sure about Luke Killeen as guest, plenty effort but can he stay on his bike long enough to score any points.

23 minutes ago, screm said:

Ritchie Worrall strengthens Berwick, for this meeting and at Edinburgh tonight, but not by enough to save Berwick from two defeats. Not so sure about Luke Killeen as guest, plenty effort but can he stay on his bike long enough to score any points.

The one thing you can say about the young lad is that he’s gives it his all. From a supporters point of view that’s all you can ask for as long as he stays on the bike. He’s certainly entertaining. A meeting like last week with a bandits narrow victory would do me 

After tonight's performance at Edinburgh tonight  Steve Boxall must be in the Berwick team tomorrow! I don't care if he rides at reserve or replaces Thomas In the team.  I thought he rode brilliantly.  Put a few riders to shame how he rode tonight. 

• Like 2

After tonight's performance at Edinburgh tonight  Steve Boxall must be in the Berwick team tomorrow! I don't care if he rides at reserve or replaces Thomas In the team.  I thought he rode brilliantly.  Put a few riders to shame how he rode tonight. 

And another thing. Why Mr Jamie Courtney are Berwick even thinking of using Jack Killeen v Redcar.  Using Berwick Speedway as guinea pigs for your other team Oxford . Beginning to see where your priorities are this season!

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Ryehouseforever said:

His average is too high to ride at reserve, quite a bit above Hooky, and two points above Connor.

Can't see this ending well for the Bandits, teams with strong heat leaders are their achilles heel. Also weakened by Killeen guesting for Hooky, what happened to TJ tonight? They'll probably run R/R for him if he's not fit

47 minutes ago, MilhouseZmarzlik said:

Can't see this ending well for the Bandits, teams with strong heat leaders are their achilles heel. Also weakened by Killeen guesting for Hooky, what happened to TJ tonight? They'll probably run R/R for him if he's not fit

I do wonder why they didn't ask Pearson to guest in both matches (unless they did). After his score at Armadale Kye Thompson to guest? Mind you Jye scored well last week, so r/r looks decent Worrall / Flint / Etheridge / Knudsen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryehouseforever said:

After tonight's performance at Edinburgh tonight Steve Boxall must be in the Berwick team tomorrow! I don't care if he rides at reserve or replaces Thomas In the team.  I thought he rode brilliantly.  Put a few riders to shame how he rode tonight. 

Last Champ average I can find for Boxall is 5.15 (2016). He may be due a reduction, who knows? Berwick can't just declare him in their team - but he could guest for TJ if injured?

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I do wonder why they didn't ask Pearson to guest in both matches (unless they did). After his score at Armadale Kye Thompson to guest? Mind you Jye scored well last week, so r/r looks decent Worrall / Flint / Etheridge / Knudsen.

Think Pearson is riding at Workington today   Probably had already accepted booking

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crescent girl said:

His average is too high to ride at reserve, quite a bit above Hooky, and two points above Connor.

What is the average Boxall has been given? And is it low enough to replace Hook in the team come Monday when the new averages come into effect?

Yes. James Pearson and Steve Boxall are riding at Workington today. Looks like it will be Jack Killeen at reserve today. We need a rider for Thomas as his crash yesterday looked horrendous on a over watered Armadale track.  Justin Sedgman or Jake Allen  maybe? Rider replacement will be throwing the towel in the ring!