British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Danish Grand Prix - Vojens - 16th Sep

You'll never know the truth. Does Bartosz need a bung? Doubtful. Would he risk a Championship knowing a ef could rob him in Torun? Doubtful. Would other riders be sympathetic of his own stupidity? Doubtful. The questions will be endless.. 

8 hours ago, chunky said:

As I said, it's the same in most sports today. In darts, for example, the players must agree to ALL the terms of the contracts, INCLUDING DISPLAYING THE MAIN SPONSOR(S) LOGOS. If not, they don't play. Like it or not, that's the way sports and sports contracts are these days. It was mentioned earlier how Zmarzlik was recently threatened with a fine for not standing in the correct position. It's the same with darts, and players can be fined for walking back from the board on the wrong side. Yes, ALL players are made aware of this stuff, so you can be sure that ALL GP riders know what they need to do.

The irony is that thanks to last night's kerfuffle we are all far more aware of Infinite Reality than we otherwise would be.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iainb said:

I think it's more likely he's received a massive bung from Orlen rather than him wanting to win it in front of a half full Torun... if it was a deliberate action

i think you're bang on the money here. Torun is apparently sold out but TV viewing figures come into play

I think he expected to win it last night and it would be beneficial to him and his sponsors to be wearing his Orlen suit when he did so.

After practice he hid behind the excuse that he only had that race suit  with him so would have to wear it in the meeting. That was all part of the plan.

He took a calculated risk that, with the race suit designs being really quite similar, the Speedway authorities would not have the bottle to enforce the regulations.

He miscalculated.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Not sure they will gain much from this sport. All sounds a bit advanced for most speedway fans.

Remember, most of them can't even find the GP coverage on the Discovery+ app.

Hardly surprising when we have spent hours on the phone to Sky Customer Support - 3 different people on three separate occasions  - and even they cannot sort it despite our package including it!   You’re very welcome to come and try if you think you can!   I would be so grateful.  

4 minutes ago, maneacat said:

Hardly surprising when we have spent hours on the phone to Sky Customer Support - 3 different people on three separate occasions  - and even they cannot sort it despite our package including it!   You’re very welcome to come and try if you think you can!   I would be so grateful.  

Had some friends with this issue.

Husband switched the contract in to the wife's name to take advantage of 'new customer' offers, and used the same email address to register the second Sky ID.

So when they were trying to add Discovery the final step in the process fails, as when it comes back to Sky they don't know where to add the package to as the email address is in their system twice.

11 hours ago, iainb said:

Great to see a Dane win the Danish GP, its quite a rare occurrence. Good job from Fred did what he needed to do when he needed to do it... But

That has to have been the weakest GP field in the history of the event... EVER!

My take on Bartekgate... rules is rules but I don't like to see sporting penalties for non sporting infringements

If next years gp’s get the”fresh” riders some posters on hear want because “it’s the same ones year by year” THEN you would see the weakest gp field ever for a whole gp year.

Next year I would have in the current top 10 plus the SEC winner (possibly) Michelson as it stands, plus the 3 from GP challenge.  The GP challenge May put Jan Kvech into next year GP…. that’s how the rules go, but IMO he is not GP quality….yet.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, maneacat said:

It's all very suspicious what went on in Vojens last night and i,m asking myself is speedway corrupt, i know the rules have been bent a few times especially over the last couple of seasons but if it's true that last night was a fix then it's a very sad day for the sport. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good to see Doyle hasn't broken anything.

Not usually one to criticise Tatum but his commentary was woeful yesterday. I don't think he realised all night that Hansen was promoted into the meeting to replace Zmarzlik. They could do with having someone who understands the rules, can count and has the statistics to feed them that information.

• Like 6

One thing I haven't seen or heard about is, where was his "proper suit"?

Did he have it available at Vojens, or had somebody just forgotten to chuck it in the van before leaving Poland for Denmark?

• Like 1

I would imagine that all regular GP riders will have at least one spare suit with them, not least because of tearing them in the event of an accident. Riders will often change suits before the presentation after a wet meeting. Strange situation yesterday, but would of made no difference if they disqualified him from the meeting.

22 minutes ago, LesR said:

I would imagine that all regular GP riders will have at least one spare suit with them, not least because of tearing them in the event of an accident. Riders will often change suits before the presentation after a wet meeting. Strange situation yesterday, but would of made no difference if they disqualified him from the meeting.

Strange all round.But that’s Speedway.

35 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Good to see Doyle hasn't broken anything.

Not usually one to criticise Tatum but his commentary was woeful yesterday. I don't think he realised all night that Hansen was promoted into the meeting to replace Zmarzlik. They could do with having someone who understands the rules, can count and has the statistics to feed them that information.

Tatum was woeful last night,even going over the top regarding how bad the track was.Don’t think it was as bad as he kept harping on about.