British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
highside

NDL

Personally I think it’s getting too expensive to be value for money ,especially at Clubs already running in Championship.£14 on the day at Berwick certainly doesn’t tempt me.Don’t know the wage scale but easy money for a lot of the “old timers “,youngsters might not be earning much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Crusader said:

Kent are asking for donations to get to the end  of this season. Can't see them being around in 2024. Hope I'm wrong.

So they might not get to the end of 2023? I’m afraid Iwade leaves a lot to be desired from the spectators’ POV. 

31 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

So they might not get to the end of 2023? I’m afraid Iwade leaves a lot to be desired from the spectators’ POV. 

Poor fixture planning has a lot to do with it. Accepting too many away fixtures and real fiascos with home meetings due to car park and track issues. Great people running the club but naive and sadly abused rather than helped by other promotions. 

4 hours ago, Old Crusader said:

Kent are asking for donations to get to the end  of this season. Can't see them being around in 2024. Hope I'm wrong.

Shame they were "bullied" into not being allowed to host Nora meetings, could that have lost them money, if the stadium is rented out who earns? Who gets gate receipts?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

On 7/31/2023 at 2:58 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

Would think a bigger concern is the existence of the league next season rather than what its called. Entirely feasible that Edinburgh and Leicester won't be at the tapes, Kent have every right to think nuts to this and Mildenhall had to have a fair whip round at the start of the year to get running. This league hasn't been particularly well received at Berwick either (not helped by the crazy double header prices). 

The mass uncertainty of the higher leagues (the higher leagues that are incidentally riddled with much older riders)  which could equally only have enough to form one league leaves the whole sport in a much bigger predicament than whether a D is necessary or not. 

I am sure that Leicester will be at the tapes next season.

On 8/2/2023 at 9:15 PM, szkocjasid said:

Shame they were "bullied" into not being allowed to host Nora meetings, could that have lost them money, if the stadium is rented out who earns? Who gets gate receipts?

NORA and Kent Royals both rent the stadium from Sittingbourne Speedways Ltd (Graham Arnold)

30 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

I am sure that Leicester will be at the tapes next season.

I know the Lions will be and hope the Cubs will join them, fingers crossed there is still a league worth entering.