British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Lions v Witches 31st July

42 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

The 19 year old read Bomber like a book there.

Bomber is now officially "past it". It comes to every rider eventually, sadly.

Losing Morris has ended Leicester's season, Batchelor is a massive downgrade especially around BP.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Think we'd be better off running R/R to be honest! When all riders chip in we have the balance right in the team but Morris really has derailed things, I'm unspeakably angry when I think about it, I'd quite happily de-bag and radish him on behalf of the SCB :angry:

I think we'll be in the play offs but any chance we had of upsetting in the final has faded away somewhat. 

I think had Riss been fit Ipswich would have been far closer to the play offs, may be a bit too late now, relying on others slipping up as well is never easy.

Thursday V Sheffield is a MUST win for you - otherwise you may need to start looking over your shoulder!

47 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Chris Harris - 2, 2, 2, 2, 1 = 9 

Yet he still top scored for the Lions. 

Really impressed with Dan Thompson tonight , no doubt he enjoyed every point in his Lions kevlars.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was a decent watch on TV.  Thompson certainly showed well against the club that dropped him.

The one thing that stood out for me was how appalling the Witches were at team riding.  Not once did an Ipswich rider give a hoot where his partner was.

Sedgman beats Sayfutdinov then doesn't score another point all night.

Ipswich really need to replace Riss.

1 minute ago, Col said:

It was a decent watch on TV.  Thompson certainly showed well against the club that dropped him.

The one thing that stood out for me was how appalling the Witches were at team riding.  Not once did an Ipswich rider give a hoot where his partner was.

Doyle's modus operandi is to disappear into the distance. That is not to say I don't enjoy watching him ride, he's brilliant !

• Like 1

I really do wonder about some speedway fans,,,, why would you drop Riss now,, after we wasted all this time whilst falling out of play off contention. His average must be dropping like a stone,,, so surely you keep him on the team with his average keeping on going down for next year. We ain't gonna win jack all this year,, as per normal,, so use it to our advantage for next year. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Ipswich win,, check 

Danny double figures,,, check 

Batch useless,,,, check

Broken clock syndrome ;):P

Good call Baldy :t:

8 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I really do wonder about some speedway fans,,,, why would you drop Riss now,, after we wasted all this time whilst falling out of play off contention. His average must be dropping like a stone,,, so surely you keep him on the team with his average keeping on going down for next year. We ain't gonna win jack all this year,, as per normal,, so use it to our advantage for next year. 

Rolling started over 6 and is now under 5 due to this season under 3

The option to try a youngster from abroad like Lynn and Boro has sailed with the last set of averages

11 hours ago, 40-38 said:

I did wonder why he didn’t have a generic suit he could wear, surely he’d use one in any individual meetings?

He may only have one suit for the season. They’re not cheap and sponsors will want their sponsorship shown, particularly in a TV meeting. 

10 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Not vintage Bomber but wouldn’t say he’s past it. Thompson was the only rider to beat him last night that would have been a major upset when looking at the heats on paper. 

As TV meetings go it was entertaining but as always overproduced. One minute races don’t need so many cuts and different camera angles. Save the fancy shots and helmet cam for replays. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Col said:

Surprised you've not seen Danny King before? :D

9 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Surprised you've not seen Danny King before? :D

To be fair last night it was Danny that was Kinged but Dan T :D

• Like 1

Wow, well I enjoyed that meeting :wink:,  what might have been if this was earlier in the season.

There's several X's of Dan last night, am so pleased for him and his lovely family to at last see this progress he's made in last couple of weeks,  thought I'd post this one.

Have to say it's a pleasure watching Emil race this year, hopefully there's going to be somewaywe can keephim and Doyley next season. 

3 hours ago, Ben91 said:

Thompson was the only rider to beat him last night . 

So how come he didn't get a race win at all 

I make it 6 people beat him therefore he dropped 6 points