British Speedway Forum
Panther1997

Panthers Vs Witches Prem 7th August 2023

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

7 scored from the four r/r rides, don't think you can use that as an excuse. It's possible they would have won, but nothing Peterborough could claim cost them the match imo

That's true but Tarasenko would probably have equalled that score and left Rob Lyon more flexibility with his reserve replacements. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for heats 1-4 please? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Yeah he done better,,, but look at the opposition,,, worst speedway team in years,,,, how many meetings have they won?  Now,,, let's see his form continue against a decent team. 

He's dropped one point away from home in a match which you only won by four points.....I think he deserves a lot of credit. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He's dropped one point away from home in a match which you only won by four points.....I think he deserves a lot of credit. 

Well I don't,,, but I will say he done better than he has been doing,,, as for other riders in our team,,, waste of space.  

If you wanna give him credit, go ahead,, don't let me stop ya

Edited by Baldyman
  • Haha 1

With earlier race results on the night in mind especially those against Doyle ,

Wojdylo should of done alot better in heats 12&14 ,

Ok he may of been suffering with fatigue but the adrenalin rush should of spurred him on to beat ippo reserves and maybe King

Maybe hes just not used to having 7 rides in a meeting 

Edited by scoobydoo

32 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Ok he may of been suffering with fatigue but the adrenalin rush should of spurred him on to beat ippo reserves and maybe King

Did anyone see that performance coming? From scoring 3 duck eggs in the previous home meeting against Wolves, including being passed from the back twice by Leon Flint and apparently looking pretty useless, to scoring 12 from his first 5 rides including two victories against Jason Doyle in the very next home meeting! Bit bizarre that. 

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Did anyone see that performance coming? From scoring 3 duck eggs in the previous home meeting against Wolves, including being passed from the back twice by Leon Flint and apparently looking pretty useless, to scoring 12 from his first 5 rides including two victories against Jason Doyle in the very next home meeting! Bit bizarre that. 

I expect the surface at P'boro is like nothing he has ever experienced before, the kid has talent so after a meeting to settle in and sort his set up you'd expect t him to be better, maybe not to the tune of a dozen points though!

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

I expect the surface at P'boro is like nothing he has ever experienced before, the kid has talent so after a meeting to settle in and sort his set up you'd expect t him to be better, maybe not to the tune of a dozen points though!

Hmmm that’s some swing in performance between one meeting and the next! Fast learner…

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hmmm that’s some swing in performance between one meeting and the next! Fast learner…

Always helps being on his own bikes too, Artem's bikes obviously didn't suit him!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Always helps being on his own bikes too, Artem's bikes obviously didn't suit him!

He was on his own bikes, using Artemis’s bike covers 

25 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Reminnds me of Tai's debut at Owlerton 0,0,0 next week he got 11 or 12 both from reserve - I was there for both meetings and couldnt believe the difference, apparently it was all done to a better bike the following week if i remember correctkly from his autobiography

Edited by GeneralMelchett

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Understandable from the new boy, but I’d be far more disappointed in Iversen for the same reason. A win and paid win in his first two, then only one more point from his last three rides. 

Rew continues to disappoint by the way. Can’t use the excuse of not seeing the track this time either. We should be seeing much much more from him at this stage of the season but there’s no getting away from the fact he’s been a massive disappointment. 

• Like 2